Links: create links on aalto.fi
- You can create text links at aalto.fi with different components
- First choose your component, e.g. "Text paragraph"
- Write the link text
- Highlight your link text
- Click the link symbol, see image below, and aalto.fi opens a new window where you can enter your link address.
Link highlight – link style in further information
On a page, the reader is often provided with links to further information. These kind of links can be slightly more visible by using Link highlight formatting, which shows a short line under the first letter in the link text (see image below). Please note, that this type of link formatting cannot be used inside a text paragraph, as Link highlight formatting always shows the linked text in its own row.
Adding Link highlight in the Text paragraph component:
- Select the text to be linked.
- Click on "Styles", select "Link highlight"
- Add the relevant link and save.
- When adding internal links write only node+number, not the whole url address
- It is important to link to right language version
- Links to English pages:
/services/guide-how-to-write-better-digital-content (without /fi in the beginning of the URL)
- Links to Finnish pages:
- See image below:
- Enter the whole url address, e.g. https://research.aalto.fi/en/
- Otherwise follow the same steps.
This page has been updated on 12 Mar 2019: Link highlight instructions added.