Research group: how to create?
Easy steps on how you can create a page for research group
Go to: aalto.fi to enter the edit mode.
Use your Aalto ID to log in (upper right corner).
- Click on "Content" in the upper left-hand corner and select from the drop-down menu "Add content" and "Research Group".
- Content owner*: Content is the person responsible for this content. Click "Select profiles" and search for that person by their name. There can only be one content owner per content. Only aalto.fi editors can see the name (in the tab Content owner).
- Language*: Choose the primary language for the research group and for editing it (English / Finnish / Swedish).
- Name*: Name the research group
- Summary*: Write a short introduction about the research group (this will be shown only when the page is lifted up somewhere across the aalto.fi site, but will not appear on your page). Recommended maximum length is 140 characters.
- Lead text*: Here you can introduce your group in more detail than in the summary. The lead text will appear on your page right after the title. The lead text should make the reader more interested in the contents of your page. Don't copy the exact same text as in the summary field to the lead text. This will have a negative impact on search engine optimisation and thus to the findability of your content.
- Main image: Add an appealing main image for the research group page (don't use a picture that includes text e.g. infographic). File size of around 1 MB is sufficient, as the image quality (in pixels) is what counts. Always use horizontal images as the main image.
- Content home*: choose the department closest to the group
- Primary tags: Research (and if some other tag(s) fit well)
- Secondary tags: choose the ones that suit the best, 2-3 tags is sufficient.
Introduction (a.k.a. components and content pieces)
- Add components to make the research group more interesting and visual.
Automatic feed: publications and outputs
- You can add an automatic feed of your research groups' publications and outputs.
- Open your research group's page on aalto.fi and add a new component: "Add other: Automatic research outputs".
- Edit the title if the default "Latest publications" is not ok.
- Add a description text (it will be shown before the actual outputs), if needed.
- Click "Search research groups" and search for your research group by name from ACRIS (research data base) in the research group browser (see the image).
- Copy the information under UUID to your clipboard.
- Close the research group browser and paste the UUID to the "Organisational Unit Id" field.
- Leave the "Person id" field empty.
- By clicking on a certain ouput, you are taken to that publication at research.aalto.fi. (ACRIS)
- By clicking on "Research database", you are taken to your research group at research.aalto.fi.
Description appears here. This is an example of a research group's research outputs.
Editorial: Many-Body Green’s Functions and the Bethe-Salpeter Equation in Chemistry: From Single Molecules to Complex Systems
Accurate Computational Prediction of Core-Electron Binding Energies in Carbon-Based Materials: A Machine-Learning Model Combining Density-Functional Theory and GW
Machine learning as a tool to engineer microstructures: Morphological prediction of tannin-based colloids using Bayesian surrogate models
How to add research group members
- You can also add your research group members to the page by using the component for people liftups.
- Give a title to this component: Research group members
Save, publish and translate
Once your page is finished, just click "Save" at the bottom of the page. To publish your page, click "Publish" on the far right-hand corner.
Don't forget to create translation(s) of you page. This will make your research group more easy to find, as it can be found using search terms in languages other than e.g. English.