Research group: how to create?
Easy steps on how you can create a page for research group
Go to: www.aalto.fi to enter the edit mode.
Use your Aalto ID to sign in (upper right corner).
- Click on "Content" in the upper left-hand corner and select from the drop-down menu "Add content" and "Research Group".
- Language: choose the primary language for the research group and for editing it (English / Finnish / Swedish)
- Name*: name the research group
- Summary*: write a short introduction about the research group (this will be shown only when the page is lifted up somewhere across the aalto.fi site)
- Main image: add an appealing main image for the research group page (don't use a picture that includes text e.g. infographic)
- Content home*: choose the department closest to the group
- Primary tags: Research (and if some other tags fit well)
- Secondary tags: choose the ones that suit the best
Introduction (a.k.a. components and content pieces)
- First add a component called: "Add text: Lead text", then add component: "Add text: Text paragraph"
- After this, you can keep on adding components to make the research group more interesting and visual.
- To learn more about the different components and tools, get to know aalto.fi components available.
Automatic feed: publications and outputs
- You can add an automatic feed of your research groups' publications and outputs.
- Open your research group's page on aalto.fi and add a new component: "Add other: automatic research outputs"
- Edit the title if "Latest publications" is not ok.
- Add a description text (it will be shown before the actual outputs), if needed
- Paste your (research.aalto.fi) group id to the field "Organisational Unit Id (all languages)"
- Leave the "Person id" field empty.
- Finally click on "Save".
- You should now have all your research group's outputs from ACRIS on your research group's page, e.g. like this:
- By clicking on a certain ouput, you are taken to that publication at research.aalto.fi. (ACRIS)
- By clicking on "Research database", you are taken to your research group at research.aalto.fi.
Automatic feed: research group members
- You can also add your research group members to the page by creating an automatic feed.
- First, you need to find your research group at: research.aalto.fi (search e.g. by the group name)
- Copy your research group's id from the URL (highlighted with blue):
- Then, find and open your research group's page on aalto.fi (you will find your research group on the department page)
- Add a new component: "people: People liftups"
- Give a title to this component: Research group members
- Paste your (research.aalto.fi) group id to the field "Organisational Unit Id"
- Finally, click on "Save"
- You should now have all your research group members from ACRIS on your research group's page, e.g. like this: