Aalto's user IDs and authorization
- You can use Aalto’s information systems and tools in support of your studies, work, and research
- You receive disk space for study or work files
- You are able to use the library service and read articles and e-books for free
- You can download free software to your home computer, such as Windows and Microsoft Office (see Aalto Download)
- You can use the encrypted eduroam network that operates on an international scale
- You can use safe email and calendar with the aalto.fi extension which enables you to, for example, book facilities and meetings (not for visitors)
All students and staff members are automatically assigned an Aalto ID, which is used for Aalto IT services. The IDs must be activated as a self-service or by visiting the IT Servicedesk.
New students are granted authorization at the beginning of their studies on the basis of their Sisu information. Employees (both Aalto University staff and external employees) and other users are granted authorization based on their Personec F system information.
If you have any questions or you are experiencing problems, please send a service request here: servicedesk.aalto.fi
Staff authorization is granted for the full duration of employment (+ 7 days).
Student authorization is granted for four (4) months after graduation or the end of their right to study. Upon termination of authorization, the user’s home directory, including all files contained therein, and the content of the user’s email account will be removed.
The authorization register is connected to Sisu (student register) and the Personec F system (previously Fortime, staff register). In order for the user to be able to access all services and applications intended for students or staff, the information in the register must be correct. The validity of the user ID is set according to the information in these registers.
Every student and employee at Aalto University is provided with an Aalto University user ID (user account). With the user ID, you can log in to Aalto’s information systems and use the internal services of the university.