How to activate your user ID without strong authentication
You can activate the user ID in the self-service portal at https://password.aalto.fi using a banking ID or an ID card equipped with a chip issued by the Finnish police. If you cannot use these authentication methods, you can activate your ID without strong authentication using the personal registration link in your activation email.
1. Start identity activation without strong authentication by clicking the link in your activation email.
2. Check your mobile phone number and click Send activation code.
3. You will receive the activation code via SMS “Your Aalto activation code is xxxxxx”.
4. Enter the code in the field Activation code and click Verify Code.
5. If you get error message Confirmation code is incorrect, try again. When you get Verified, select action below, click Next>.
6. Select I accept the Policy of information systems usage at Aalto University and click Confirm.
7. User account activation succeeded. Your user ID and possible Aalto email address will be delivered to your private email when the user account has been created. Account creation usually takes few minutes. You will receive your password as a text message to your mobile phone number verified during activation.