The 25th anniversary gala of the PDP course took place on the 13th of May at Design Factory. Many interesting future products such as electric wooden boat, extremely precise factory crane and edible packing material were presented at the Gala.
Project collaboration offers an opportunity to
- have student groups work on real-life cases and come up with unexpected concepts and new insights
- benefit from the up-to-date academic know-how and innovative ways of applying it to real business challenges
- work with future professionals and potential employees and facilitate the development of their work-life skills
Master’s level thesis is an opportunity for an academic student to use the knowledge gained through studies in resolving specific issues, e.g. in design, development or research initiatives.
By offering thesis assignments, companies can
- assign a student to focus on a particular challenge for a fixed period
- integrate industry or business practice with the theory and latest practices
- receive outcomes that are of practical relevance to them
A designated academic supervisor at Aalto University is responsible for ensuring that the project fulfils academic requirements. Different funding models are available.
- Recruit a thesis student via Aalto JobTeaser.
- Scholarships through the Foundation for Aalto University Science and Technology
- Scholarships through The School of Arts, Design and Architecture Foundation.
- Grant through HSE Support Foundation
Guest lectures and case work
Guest lectures and case works are necessary in reinforcing the work life skills of our students. By conducting lectures at the university companies gain visibility among students, means to receive direct feedback from the students and the opportunity to meet the future game-changers at an early stage.
Examples of teaching collaboration
KONE and Aalto University’s teaching collaboration approaches design as a method, way of thinking and competitive advantage
A key component of the collaboration is study projects, in which student teams work to solve companies’ real-life challenges.
Aalto VCD students will develop and design visual packaging and branding concepts for NWB Finland to be implemented in new packaging formats for stillwater.
Information Technology Program (ITP) was organized for the 26th time this year. Multidisciplinary and international student teams successfully completed altogether 17 business projects.
Schneider Electric donation of industrial automation technology, software licenses, and teaching support is to answer for growing need for automation expertise.
A project commissioned by PwC examined the impact of regulations on the business models of platform economy operators and their capabilities to use data.
The suggested business models can be applied to the online grocery store operations, says Chief Digital Officer, Retail eCommerce, of SOK.
Three perspectives to service design: students researched the municipality of Sipoo’s employment services
Three Master's students from the School of Science, School of Arts and Design and School of Business took part in the Aalto Thesis collaboration project with the municipality of Sipoo.