Aalto JobTeaser- Recruit a student
Aalto University students excel in their fields of study – economics, arts, design and technology. Employers can advertise career opportunities (jobs, internships, thesis assignments) suitable for Aalto students in Aalto JobTeaser for free. After registration, employers can add and edit their advertisements within the system.
Please read the terms of publishing on this page. You can find the practical instructions for submitting a job advert in the attached Aalto JobTeaser instructions.
Welcome to submit a job advert!
Please utilize only one recruitment channel: Aalto JobTeaser or the more extensive Aarresaari job portal. We recommend using Chrome as your browser. We will process and publish received adverts within two working days. The adverts will be automatically removed from the student view after the application period ends.
Aalto JobTeaser for employerUse this channel if you wish to exclusively target Aalto University students. Only Aalto students have access to the adverts (up to twelve months after graduation). Aalto JobTeaser replaces the CareerWeb service that was in use before 2020.
Use the Aarressaari channels to reach students from all Finnish universities as well as students from international universities that use JobTeaser.
We aim to support the employment of Aalto students in careers that align with their education, matching their university degree level and study field content. Therefore, our job portal focuses on publishing adverts suitable for university students in economics, arts, design and technology. Our students will use other job brokerage systems to explore other work opportunities, such as part-time work outside their field of study.
The work you offer can be
- part-time or full-time
- fixed-term or permanent
- summer job (tag: Summer Job)
- internship (Contract type: Internship)
- freelance assignment
- trainee or graduate programme
- thesis position (tag: Master's thesis)
- in Finland or abroad
As students embarking on their careers deserve reasonable compensation for their work, we do not publish unpaid internship or job adverts, excluding internships abroad.
Aalto JobTeaser Terms of Publishing
The terms of publishing on Aalto JobTeaser are designed to ensure a high-quality service for both employers seeking the right experts and our students designing their careers. Kindly review the terms before submitting a job advertisement.
We retain the right to select the adverts to be published. Only advertisements that contribute to our students' career prospects by aligning with their education (degree program, university degree level) will be published.
- The advertiser holds responsibility for the advert's content. However, we reserve the right to modify the title and/or the targeting of the advert.
- The name of the employer must always be included. Adverts for temporary agency work must specify the client (the employer for whom the work is performed).
- We expect that the salary for a full-time internship will meet the work requirement of Kela (the Social Insurance Institution of Finland) (including a monthly salary of at least EUR 1 331 in 2023). Internships abroad are an exception. Nonetheless, the unpaid nature of international internships must be clearly indicated in their title (unpaid).
- We do not publish the following types of adverts:
- adverts related to network marketing or voluntary work.
- unpaid recruiting training programmes, or positions or internships that demand unemployment or threat of unemployment.
- tasks that necessitate payment for application or result in unreasonable costs for the applicant.
- adverts that violate Finnish law (e.g. Non-Discrimination Act, cf. native language v. language skills comparable to a native speaker) or government policies (Recommendation regarding cooperation with Russian organisations).
Useful information and our tips for creating a good ad
Aalto JobTeaser features over 10 000 job ads targeted to Aalto University students each year. We recommend you to pay attention to the differentiation and informativity already when creating the ad. By ensuring that your ad is clear and thoughtfully crafted, you enhance the likelihood of students easily finding your ad, thereby increasing your visibility on the platform.
- Aalto JobTeaser has 8900 registered students, which corresponds to around 52% of all Aalto University students
- 58% of them have activated the Daily Job Alert
- Most active months for students are January and November and we also have the most job ads then (2022 data)
- A job ad gets roughly 32 clicks in Aalto JobTeaser (2022 data)
- In 2022 there were 10 762 job and internship ads published in Aalto JobTeaser (the amount includes job ads from Aalto JobTeaser and ads from Aarresaari JobTeaser, that were targeted to Aalto University)
The most searched keywords in 2022 were:
- Focus on an informative Title for the ad.
The Titleshould be already as informative as possible. A title like "Trainee" doesn't stand out from the list or tell the students enough. We suggest to clarify it with, for example, the field of the duties, "Trainee (communications)" to increase your chances for the right students to find and get interested in your ad.
The students can see the name of the employer in the listing, so you don't have to include the name of the employer in the title, unless this is a recruitment company ad.
Remember to also include the most searched words into your title if possible! .
- A clear and informative description is very important.
The description part should include all the details of your job ad. Just a link to your web page or a picture of the job ad is not enough. The students use the word search a lot, so make sure your description text includes all the important keywords.
Remember, that you can also add pictures, videos and other visuals to your ads!
Please remember to also add here some contact information or a way for students to get more information about the position. The recruiter contact information is not visible for the students.
- JobTeaser shares their tips for a good job ad also in a video format. See the video in YouTube: JobTeaser Guide: How to write the perfect job ad? - YouTube
- Choose the correct contract type
If your job is a summer job, please select Summer Job as contract type to increase possibilites of students finding your job. Also internships should be marked as Internship and not for example student jobs or fixed term positions.
- Use all relevant tags
The students can sort ads with tags and they increase findablitiy significantly.
Aalto JobTeaser uses tags for each school, summer jobs, thesis ads, Aalto Talent Expo and jobs that do not require Finnish skills.
- Use targeting to special courses carefully.
You can restrict the visibility of your ads to students of certain majors, but please notice that this selection really restricts the visibility of your ad to all other students. The students skills may well exceed their chosen major and you may lose relevant applicants. If using the targeting, we recommend always also selecting the School-level.
If restricting the visibility to a certain major is not critical, we suggest using the tags instead.
- Use the job language correctly
If the job requires Finnish skills, please mark the job as Finnish-speaking job.
How can I make changes to my advert?
You can edit your advert in JobTeaser. If you have forgotten your password, please use the link on the login page.
Why don’t you publish anonymous adverts?
We want to ensure that our students have sufficient information when applying for a job and also prevent the visibility of fake adverts/employers.
Do you accept staffing and recruiting agencies’ adverts?
Yes, we do. The advert must very clearly state the client’s name and that the position is temporary agency work. We recommend mentioning the client name already in the title.
We didn’t get enough applicants, what's next?
Start with the headline and description of the advert: are they appealing enough for the students? Are the required skills and content of the work clear for the reader?
Check also other fields that they are correct: contract type, sector, function etc. Check also that the targeting is not too narrow.
The salary should also be competitive, and including the level of pay attracts applicants.
Why was our ad rejected?
The reason can be found in the rejection email sent by JobTeaser. Most common reasons are that the salary information is missing from an Internship ad or that the nature of the job is not fitting to Aalto JobTeaser which is specialised in promoting jobs that match the fields taught at our University and also the level is suitable for University students.
Why hire a trainee from Aalto?
Internships are an efficient channel of recruitment through which the employer receives valuable work contribution and information on the content and quality on the education at Aalto University. By hiring an intern, your organisation will gain the latest views and fresh ideas, and you will also build your positive image as a potential future employer.
For students internships are a learning opportunity, as it enables them to get to know various tasks in their field under expert guidance, which clarifies the career planning process for each student. The internship tasks should be such that the student can utilise their knowledge and skills gained through their studies, as well as develop their competence. The average length of an internship is 3–4 months.
Offer a thesis assignment
You can also recruit a Master's thesis student via Aalto JobTeaser. You can promote the potential thesis assignment on a general level or provide a more detailed description of the assignment in your organisation. Read more about commissioning a thesis on Aalto´s Teaching collaboration page.
There are many international students at Aalto University who are looking for job and internship positions in Finland. Hiring a foreign student not only brings skills and competence but also cultural knowledge of their home country to your work community. The international Master’s students in particular have often already acquired a few years of work experience from the field of their Bachelor's degree.
Please write the job advert in English when international students can also apply for the position. You can add the "No Finnish Needed" tag to the advert to help students find it.
Aalto International Talent Programme is a great channel to get to know our international talents.
Instructions for using Aalto JobTeaser
Read more about our services for employers:
Through us you'll reach business students in various ways. We, for example, publish employers' job adverts, mediate recruitment messages and organize career events & fairs.