Aalto JobTeaser- Recruit a student
Aalto University students are top in their fields – economics, arts, design and technology. Employers can advertise career opportunities (jobs, internships, thesis assignments) suitable for Aalto students in Aalto JobTeaser for free. After registration, the employer can add adverts to the system and edit them.
Please read the terms of publishing on this page. You can find the practical instructions on submitting a job advert in the attached Aalto JobTeaser instructions.
Welcome to submit a job advert!
Please use only one recruitment channel, either Aalto JobTeaser or the more extensive Aarresaari job portal. We recommend using Chrome. We will process and publish received adverts within two working days. The adverts will be automatically removed from the student view after the application period ends.
Aalto JobTeaser for employersUse this channel if you want to reach Aalto University students exclusively. Only Aalto students have access to the adverts (up until twelve months after graduation). Aalto JobTeaser replaces the CareerWeb service that was in use before 2020.
Use the Aarressaari channels to reach students from all Finnish universities as well as students from international universities that use JobTeaser.
We want to support the employment of Aalto students in a career that matches their education, i.e. the level of the university degree and the content of the study field. Therefore, our job portal focuses on publishing adverts appropriate for university students in economics, arts, design and technology. Our students will use other job brokerage systems to look for other work, such as part-time work outside their field of study.
The work you offer can be
- part-time or full-time
- fixed-term or permanent
- summer job (tag: Summer Job)
- internship (Contract type: Internship)
- freelance assignment
- trainee or graduate programme
- thesis position (tag: Master's thesis)
- in Finland or abroad
As students starting their careers must also receive a reasonable compensation for their work, we do not publish unpaid internship or job adverts, excluding internships abroad.
Aalto JobTeaser Terms of Publishing
The terms of publishing of Aalto JobTeaser are there to ensure high quality service to both the employer in finding the right expert and our students in forging their own career path, so please, read the terms of publishing before submitting a job advert.
We reserve the right to select the published adverts. We will only publish adverts that support our students' employment in a career that matches their education (degree programme, university level degree).
- The notifier is responsible for the content of the advert. However, we reserve the right to change the title and/or the targeting of the advert.
- The name of the employer must always be included. Adverts for temporary agency work must specify the client (the employer for whom the work is done).
- We wish that the salary for a full-time internship will at least meet the work requirement of Kela (the Social Insurance Institution of Finland) (including a monthly salary of at least EUR 1 283 in 2022). Internships abroad are an exception. However, the unpaid nature of international internships must be clearly stated in their title (unpaid).
- We do not publish the following types of adverts:
- adverts related to network marketing or voluntary work.
- unpaid recruiting training programmes or jobs or internships requiring unemployment or threat of unemployment.
- tasks that require payment to apply for or result in unreasonable costs to the applicant.
- adverts that are against the Finnish law (e.g. Non-Discrimination Act, cf. native language v. language skills comparable to a native speaker) or government policies (Recommendation regarding cooperation with Russian organisations).
Tips for creating a good job ad:
The most used keyword in JobTeaser in fall 2021 was Thesis.
Remember to use the available tags (Master's thesis, Summer Job, Aalto Talent Expo) and clear headings to help students find your ads!
The Title should be already as informative as possible. A title like "Trainee" doesn't stand out from the list or tell the students enough. We suggest to clarify it with, for example, the field of the duties, "Trainee (communications)" to increase your chances for the right students to find and get interested in your ad.
The students can see the name of the employer in the listing (see picture), so you don't have to include the name of the employer in the title, unless this is a recruitment company ad.
Remember to also include the most searched words into your title! (see word cloud in the first slide)
The description part should include all the details of your job ad. Just a link to your web page or a picture of the job ad is not enough. The students use the word search a lot, so make sure your description text includes all the important keywords.
Remember, that you can also add pictures, videos and other visuals to your ads!
Please remember to also add here some contact information or a way for students to get more information about the position. The recruiter contact information is not visible for the students.
The students can filter ads with Tags. We recommend adding at least all Schools, whose students you are looking for. Remember to also use the Master's thesis tag if the position includes possibility for a thesis.
During our recruitment events you should also use the event tags: Summer Job and Aalto Talent Expo to make sure your ads are visible to the event participants.
You can restrict the visibility of your ads to students of certain majors, but please notice that this selection really restricts the visibility of your ad to all other students. The students skills may well exceed their chosen major and you may lose relevant applicants.
If restricting the visibility to a certain major is not critical, we suggest using the tags in stead.
Why hire a trainee from Aalto?
Internships are an efficient channel of recruitment through which the employer receives valuable work contribution and information on the content and quality on the education at Aalto University. By hiring an intern, your organisation will gain the latest views and fresh ideas, and you will also build your positive image as a potential future employer.
For students internships are a learning opportunity, as it enables them to get to know various tasks in their field under expert guidance, which clarifies the career planning process for each student. The internship tasks should be such that the student can utilise their knowledge and skills gained through their studies, as well as develop their competence. The average length of an internship is 3–4 months.
Offer a thesis assignment
You can also recruit a Master's thesis student via Aalto JobTeaser. You can promote the potential thesis assignment on a general level or provide a more detailed description of the assignment in your organisation. Read more about commissioning a thesis on Aalto´s Teaching collaboration page.
There are many international students at Aalto University who are looking for job and internship positions in Finland. Hiring a foreign student not only brings skills and competence but also cultural knowledge of their home country to your work community. The international Master’s students in particular have often already acquired a few years of work experience from the field of their Bachelor's degree.
Please write the job advert in English when international students can also apply for the position. You can add the "No Finnish Needed" tag to the advert to help students find it.
Aalto International Talent Programme is a great channel to get to know our international talents.
Frequently asked questions
Do you still have unanswered questions? You can find the answers to the frequently asked questions below.
- While a couple of days is sometimes enough, in most cases it is not. Anything from two weeks to a month is common.
- You can edit your advert in JobTeaser. If you have forgotten your password, please use the link on the login page.
- We want to ensure that our students have sufficient information when applying for a job and also prevent the visibility of fake adverts/employers.
- Yes, we do. The advert must very clearly state the client’s name and that the position is temporary agency work.
- Start with the headline and description of the advert: are they appealing enough for the students? Are the required skills and content of the work clear for the reader? The salary should also be competitive, and including the level of pay attracts applicants. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can think about the solutions together. We offer a wide range of additional fee-based services that improve the visibility of your advert among students.
Read more about our services for employers:
Through us you'll reach business students in various ways. We, for example, publish employers' job adverts, mediate recruitment messages and organize career events & fairs.