Summer Job Day -event
Aalto Summer Job Day 2020
When: Thursday, January 16th 2020
Where: Aalto University Undergraduate Center (Otakaari 1, Espoo). The event area will spread across two floors near the main lobby of the Undergraduate Center.
A great opportunity to recruit talented Aalto University students!
Aalto University students are top students in their fields – arts, business, design and technology, and they are valued for both their excellent deep knowledge of their own field and the multidisciplinary approach. Summer Job Day is a great opportunity to meet and recruit our students as well as to build your positive employer image.
Registration and more information about the Summer Job Day event
You'll reach a lot of Aalto students from different fields at one time
Aalto University students want to meet employers at the campus and they highly appreciate the opportunity to discuss career opportunities face-to-face with employers' representatives at various employer events and career fairs *). Looking for a summer job positions is high on the students’ agenda, and the competition for the best positions, and for the best talent, is fierce. The Summer Job Day is a great opportunity for recruiting Aalto students, and even for agreeing on job interviews.
At stand meetings you may also encounter students whose expertise you have not yet come to think of, but who could be of benefit to your organization. There is a wide range of study options in Aalto University, have a look!
We are happy to assist you in event communication, what student target groups you wish to reach.
You'll enhance your positive employer image
Attendance at campus, participation in events and meeting students in friendly encounters will, according to student feedback, promote a very positive image of the organization as an employer. *)
In addition to open summer jobs at the time of the event (or summer job applications soon to be opened), at stand discussions you will also be able to offer information about trainee programs and other opportunities for students (e.g. thesis opportunities and permanent jobs at the time of graduation) and discuss also career paths and future job possibilities.
* Universum Student Survey for students in Business and Technology 2018.
The registration for the event will open later during the fall 2019.
Be quick, since the event will hold about 70 first registered!
Terms of cancellation
Participation can be cancelled without any costs no later than 3.1.2020. We will charge full price on cancellations after that.
Below you'll find information about the stand prices in 2019. The stands for 2020 event will be announced before the registration period.
- price 1 600 € (+ VAT 24 %)
- width 3 m, depth 2,5 m, height 2,9 m
- price 800 € (+ VAT 24 %)
- width 1,5 m, depth 2,5 m, height 2,9 m
- Official partners of Aalto University School of Business will get the stand free of charge.
- No other discounts are given for the event's participation price.
The stand price includes
- a table (ministands with bar table)
- open Wifi
- some extra furniture possible to order for extra cost (e.g. dividing wall 20 €/pcs or bar tables 25 €/pcs)
All participating employers will get visibility in the event marketing. We use multiple channels, including Aalto CareerWeb, Facebook, instagram, event pages and printed materials (if registration made by 4th January).
We also offer coffee / tea and a little snack for exhibitors. Each exhibitor will get a certain number (for basic stands 3 and for ministand 2 tickets) of tickets that can be used in the café located in the same lobby. You can also buy refreshments, snacks or sweets in the café. You can also buy a reasonably priced lunch from the nearby restaurant.
In addition to the marketing services included in the price, you can order enhanced visibility for example in our Facebook page (100 €/pcs) or as a direct email to our students (2 €/student).
Building the stand and constructions
You may use your own furniture or constructions on your stand as long as the size does not exceed the given stand size. We do not recommend using walls or such, roll-ups or equivalent suite better in the space. It is recommended that you include your own lighting fixtures, if any, to be attached on the wall or a roll-up. The space is very dim for lighting, even if we try to improve it with additional light.
We have an open WiFi connection in all Aalto buildings - "aalto open". It does not require any login information.
Event is held in the main lobby of Undergraduate Center of Aalto University at Otakaari 1, Espoo.
Thursday, January 16th 2020
- 8:30 - 9:45 building the stands
- 9:45 - 14:15 stands open for students
- 14:15 - deconstructing the stands
Detailed instructions for exhibitors can be found from the Exhibitors Guide 2019 (will be updated).
Exhibitors in 2019 Summer Job Day -event
Employers that can offer work opportunities even irregularly for non-Finnish or non-swedish speakers, are marked with (EN). The "code" is the stand number and the floor the stand is at.
- Aalto University (EN), M09 1. floor
- ABB (EN), B03 1. floor
- Academic Work (EN), B11 1. floor
- Accenture (EN), M07 1. floor
- Atostek, B23 2. floor
- Autolle.com, M28 2. floor
- BaseN (EN), M24 2. floor
- Caruna, B06 1. floor
- CERN-HIP (EN), M11 1. floor
- CGI (EN), B16 2. floor
- CSC - IT Center for Science (EN), B33 2. floor
- Destia, B27 2. floor
- eCraft, M27 2. floor
- Elisa (EN), B14 1. floor
- Etteplan (EN), B31 2. floor
- Finavia, B34 2. floor
- Fingrid, M04 1. floor
- Frantic (EN), M03 1. floor
- Granlund, B29 2. floor
- Helen, B02 1. floor
- Helsingin kaupunki, B01 1. floor
- Huawei Technologies, M30 2. floor
- If Vakuutus, B21 2. floor
- Inex Partners, M25 2. floor
- Information Technology Program (ITP) (EN), M10 1. floor
- KaVo Kerr (EN), M16 2. floor
- K-ryhmä (EN), B20 2. floor
- Lidl Suomi, B17 2. floor
- Mazhr, B18 2. floor
- Merima (EN), M21 2. floor
- Metsä Group (EN), B32 2. floor
- Meyer Turku (EN), B30 2. floor
- MORE by Etteplan, M19 2. floor
- Murata Electronics (EN), B15 1. floor
- Neste (EN), M23 2. floor
- Nokia (EN), M02 1. floor
- OP, B19 2. floor
- Orion (EN), B07 1. floor
- Point Group, M05 1. floor
- Posti (EN), B04 1. floor
- Promotion Point (EN), M08 1. floor
- Ramboll Finland (EN), B09 1. floor
- Rocla (EN), M22 2. floor
- Roima Intelligence (EN), M15 2. floor
- Sector Alarm, M20 2. floor
- Silicon Labs (EN), M06 1. floor
- Sitowise (EN), B26 2. floor
- Solibri (EN), M17 2. floor
- SRV, M26 2. floor
- Stora Enso (EN), B08 1. floor
- Studentwork (EN), B12 1. floor
- Sweco (EN), B28 2.floor
- Teknos (EN), B10 1. floor
- u-blox (EN), M18 2. floor
- Vaisala (EN), B05 1. floor
- Visma, B13 1. floor
- WSP (EN), M01 1. floor
- YIT, B25 2. floor
All Aalto University students from arts and design, business and technical fields are invited to the event, and especially the students in their first years of studies. See all study options.
In 2018 we had student visitors from every school of the Aalto University. The two most represented groups were bachelors degree students and all foreign degree and exchange students. A lot of masters students from many Aalto fields visit also the event.
Feedback from Summer Job Day 2018 employer participants.
We found skilled summer job workers from the event as well as built very well our positive employer image.