The cooperation between Fiskars and Aalto University started in 2017 by defining shared interest areas in the long term, and first concrete projects started in 2018.
Project collaboration offers an opportunity to
- have student groups work on real-life cases and come up with unexpected concepts and new insights
- benefit from the up-to-date academic know-how and innovative ways of applying it to real business challenges
- work with future professionals and potential employees and facilitate the development of their work-life skills
Master’s level thesis is an opportunity for an academic student to use the knowledge gained through studies in resolving specific issues e.g. in design, development or research initiatives.
By offering thesis assignments, companies can
- assign a student to focus on a particular challenge for a fixed period of time
- integrate industry or business practice with the theory and latest practices
- receive outcomes that are of practical relevance to them
A designated academic supervisor at Aalto University is responsible for ensuring that the project fulfills academic requirements. Different funding models are available.
- Recruit a thesis student via Aalto Career Web.
- Scholarships through the Foundation for Aalto University Science and Technology
- Scholarships through The School of Arts, Design and Architecture Foundation.
Guest lectures and case work
Guest lectures and case works are necessary in reinforcing the work life skills of our students. By conducting lectures at the university companies gain visibility among students, means to receive direct feedback from the students and the opportunity to meet the future game-changers at an early stage.
Examples of teaching collaboration
Students designed and built prototypes for businesses in the Protocamp workshop course organised for the third time.
The project was carried out in response to efforts from Kesko to enhance their own Private Label strategy.
The ITP and IDBM programs implemented the Aalto Explorers program in co-operation with Kyushu University.