Services and trainings to support self-leadership
Self-leadership's four-field aims to create Aalto University's framework for the whole of self leadership and describe the entirety so that it helps to structure and consider selfleadership skills and supports their development in the changing working life.
Self-leadeship is based on self-knowledge/awareness, and it is therefore important to identify one's own personality features, motivation factors and strengths and development targets. In addition, it is necessary to recognize own goals in work life and oneself as part of a work community. Self-knowledge can be developed for example by reflecting own thinking and working methods and by asking feedback from colleagues about own performance, strengths and development targets.
Self-leadership is a multi-dimensional entity that can be structured and described in different ways. In this model, the entity has been described from the point of view of work life and of the support provided by Aalto University.
Below are listed services and trainings to support self leadership skills and areas
Workshop about self-reflection coming on January 2023!
Mindfulness gives us the ability to lead our own minds, to be truly present in our lives, and to focus on the essentials. At work, it means less stress and faster recovery from stressful situations. It helps you succeed in the midst of work pressures, interruptions, and information flooding, and develops our problem-solving, decision-making, and interaction skills.
In mindfulness training, you will learn the skills of being consciously present, the development of which, among other things, strengthens the ability to concentrate, increases the flexibility of the mind and supports resilience.
Check here the details of the next mindfulness training (no available offering now)
Emotional skills & compassion
Emotional skills mean the ability to identify, regulate and express one’s own feelings.
Check here the details of the next training (no available offering now) Compassion training provides tools for meeting yourself and others in an accepting and compassionate way. Among other things, compassionate skills increase togetherness and sharing, support coping and strengthen the ability to face adversity (resilience), and increase wellbeing at work.
Check here the details of the next compassion training (no available offering now)
Mind and time management
In Mind Management training you will learn to schedule and organize your tasks so that you can better focus on the task at hand. You will also learn about brain function and managing your thoughts/mind as well as procrastination and resilience. Check here the details of the next training
The whole of leading own wellbeing encompasses several areas which one can first and foremost influence oneself. These include:
- Caring for own physical (nutrition, exercise), mental and social wellbeing Body Care livestream class for personnel on Thursdays
- Calming and strengthening yoga available on Wednesdays
- Recovery and stress management "Utilize "Improve your recovery skills online course"
- Taking breaks and taking care of ergonomics Utilize the Break Pro break exercise program
- Balancing work-life and private life
A new service available for everyone! Solution-focused coaching
Aalto University's "Wellbeing at work index" offers a wide range of services offered by the employer, such as comprehensive occupational health care and sports services, as well as support for different needs and situations.
In addition, the Oasis of Radical Wellbeing website has a lot of help and resources to support your wellbeing. Worth of look Oasis of Radical Wellbeing
People skills refer to all the skills that support working and interacting with each other. Considering each other, both on campus and remotely, is of great importance for job satisfaction and work flow. With good people skills, we are implementing Aalto University's values - responsibility, courage, cooperation - in everyday life and in practice, and acting in accordance with the university's ethical principles and respecting each other.
- Acting according to University's Code of Conduct Read more here. Code of Conduct online course
- Skills needed in working at a diverse and inclusive work community. Read more
- Interpersonal skills, giving and receiving feedback Check the details of the next "Positive interaction at the workplace" training
- Cooperation and networking skills
- •Skills for solving conflicts and disagreements Check the details of the next "Managing challengins situations" training
Changing work and constant changes in working life and information systems challenge our ability to cope at work. With the skills and means listed below, we can influence to our own wellbeing at work and surviving - even thriving - in a changing work and world.
- Hybrid way of working skills Read more about University's Hybrid way of working guidelines and tips. Check "Leading hybrid work" webinar recording
- Maintaining togetherness Check "Communal hybrid work" webinar recording
- Resilience, tolerating uncertainty Check "Leading your mind in uncertainty" webinar recording
- Continuous learning. The changing work requires the continuous development of one's own skills, and digitalisation in particular requires the constant adoption of new information systems and platforms. Aalto University's #timetolevelup community shares tips for staff on how to adopt new technologies. Join the #timetolevelup community
- Ketteryyden ABC - näin hyödynnät ketteriä menetelmiä omassa työssäsi
- Career coaching, work coaching and mentoring are available to support your career planning Read more about Palvelu-urapysäkki (in Finnish and for service people) Read more about work coaching Read more about mentoring