Main page for instructions of course feedback tool
The instruction consists of several pages. From the icons at the bottom of each page, you can go to the other topics of the help. Topics in addition to this main page include:
- Course feedback tool in MyCourses
- Automated timings in Course feedback tool
- My course feedback view
- Editing a survey in the course feedback tool
- Report, responding to feedback and respondent list
- FAQ and user support
Course feedback instructions for students are available in Student guide.
The course feedback tool in MyCourses learning environment offers teachers the following functions for collecting course feedback, reviewing the results and giving feedback to students:
1. Automatic end-of-course survey for all course implementations.
The survey contains common questions for Aalto's courses as well as university-specific questions. If you wish, you can:
- add your own questions to the survey, 6 different question types are available
- extend the students' response time
- choose whether the results of the multiple-choice questions are published automatically to those who answered the survey (default), whether you publish the results, for example, when responding to feedback, or whether you do not publish them at all
- remind students to answer (automatic reminder or sharing of a link)
- use the list of respondents for e.g. rewarding with course points
2. Surveys during the course: you can plan the times and questions of the surveys according to the needs of the course. Ask students what you really intend to use. In the question library, you can find ready-made questions in three languages. See also tips for formulating your own questions here.
3. Libraries of common questions and your own questions: you can use both common questions and reuse questions you have prepared yourself in your surveys
4. Reports: reports of survey results and downloading them as a file (the use of report data is complemented by the PowerBI tool for viewing course feedback)
5. Responding to feedback: you can respond to feedback given by students
6. My course feedback view where you can see the feedback surveys of all your course implementations with their status, and a course implementation-specific view, which can also be accessed directly from the MyCourses workspace.
The course feedback tool is maintained by Teacher Services.
Here you can access other instructional content:
This page helps you log in to the course feedback tool. In addition, this page provides important background information about the connection between the course feedback tool and MyCourses. This page is part of the set of instructions for the course feedback tool.
On this page, you can see the timings of the automated functions, i.e. when something happens and what notifications users get. This page is part of the set of instructions for the course feedback tool.
This page contains information about survey types and survey statuses. The page is part of teacher's instructions for the course feedback tool.
This page contains information related to editing course feedback surveys. For example, you can check what basic information for a survey means, what question types can be found in the course feedback tool, and how to use the question library. This page is part of the set of instructions for the course feedback tool.
Topics on this page: the survey report view, publishing the report to respondents, responding to feedback, downloading the respondent list and exporting its data to Grades of the course workspace, as well as how the data accumulated from the end-of-course surveys can also be viewed with other report tools. The page is part of teacher's instructions for the course feedback tool.
Here you will find help for some of the most common problems, frequently asked questions and user support contact information. This page is part of the set of instructions for the course feedback tool.