My course feedback view
In "My course feedback" view of the course feedback tool, you can see all your own course implementations for which feedback is collected, i.e. for which a final feedback survey is automatically created and for which you can make mid-course feedback surveys.
At the top of the view, you can filter which course implementations are listed in the view.
The colored filter buttons "Drafts, Upcoming surveys, Active surveys, Waiting for response, Expired" mean the different statuses of the feedback surveys. When the button is green, surveys in that mode are listed. When the button is gray, the surveys in that mode are not displayed in the list.
The survey listing shows the following information about the course implementation and its feedback surveys:
Name, code and date of implementation
Type of feedback survey (end-of-course feedback or mid-course feedback survey), active period of the survey, number of respondents / number of registrants, current status of the survey, for example "Publish the response to the feedback by dd.mm.yyyy"
Symbols (before the name of the survey) describing the current status of the course and surveys are explained behind the question mark button on the page. You can also view an explanation by hovering your mouse over the symbol.
The round buttons at the end of each line are functions whose explanations appear when you position your mouse over the button.
You can create surveys during the course, the content and timing of which you can completely choose yourself. In course feedback, you should emphasize topics that you can and will react to during the course.
- You can prepare and schedule surveys even before the course begins.
- You can export the survey link to, for example, learning material or an assignment.
- If necessary, you can activate the survey for students immediately by pressing the "Activate now" button in the survey list (symbolized by a barb)
At Aalto University, feedback is automatically collected from all courses. The course will therefore have an end-of-course feedback survey, and you as a teacher don´t necessarily have to do anything. The feedback survey includes Aalto's common five questions and university-specific questions. In addition to these, you can add your own questions or choose additional questions from common question library questions.
Or are you looking for information on question types? You can read about them here: Question Types
The status of the feedback survey determines which functions are available to you.
- you can modify the questions of the short feedback survey and/or
- the open time and name of the survey
The draft turnes into "Upcoming surveys" mode when you have defined the open period, so you should schedule the survey only when the questions are ready.
- you can modify the open period of the feedback form, and/or
- modify the survey questions
The survey is active, i.e. the survey open time has started. If the minimum number of 5 respondents has been exceeded, you can see a summary report of the received feedback, see the response percentage, and download the current response summary to Excel.
- you can no longer edit the survey or its open period
- you can draft a response to the feedback received
The survey has expired.
- you can read the summary report of the received feedback and see the response percentage
- you can download the report file and the respondent list
- Responding to feedback mode is active: you can publish your response to the received feedback
The survey has expired and you have already published a response to feedback or the publication period for the response has expired.
- you can read the summary report of the received feedback, see the response percentage and possibly the counter-feedback you published
- you can download the report file and the list of respondents, if you published a response to the feedback
- you can read the response you published
- the survey will be activated in less than 14 days, so you still have time to edit the survey settings and questions (the symbol does appears, even if you have already edited the survey)
- the feedback publication period is underway but it has not been published yet
Here you can access other instructional content:
At Aalto University, course feedback is collected from almost all courses. On these pages you will find teacher's instructions for using the course feedback tool on MyCourses.
On this page, you can see the timings of the automated functions, i.e. when something happens and what notifications users get. This page is part of the set of instructions for the course feedback tool.
This page helps you log in to the course feedback tool. In addition, this page provides important background information about the connection between the course feedback tool and MyCourses. This page is part of the set of instructions for the course feedback tool.
This page contains information related to editing course feedback surveys. For example, you can check what basic information for a survey means, what question types can be found in the course feedback tool, and how to use the question library. This page is part of the set of instructions for the course feedback tool.
Topics on this page: the survey report view, publishing the report to respondents, responding to feedback, downloading the respondent list and exporting its data to Grades of the course workspace, as well as how the data accumulated from the end-of-course surveys can also be viewed with other report tools. The page is part of teacher's instructions for the course feedback tool.
Here you will find help for some of the most common problems, frequently asked questions and user support contact information. This page is part of the set of instructions for the course feedback tool.