Aalto Doctoral Programme in Chemical Engineering
Programme main page
Contact us primarily via email or phone, but you can also visit our office by booking an appointment.
|book an appointment from MyStudies
|Kemistintie 1, rooms C222, C202b
|P.O.Box 16100, 00076 AALTO
Our staff helps you with
- pre-examination applications and preparing for pre-examination process
- changing the supervising professor or thesis advisor
- appointing the opponent and approval of doctoral thesis
- general matters and development of the doctoral programme
- examination and approval of licentiate thesis and graduation
- international matters (incl. Cotutelle-agreements)
- applications for the Aalto rector's incentive scholarship (for scientific articles)
- hosting agreements for self-funded doctoral students
- applications for doctoral studies (study right)
- confirmation of the study plan and credit transfer
- support for Sisu & MyStudies for doctoral students
- JOO-study right & non-degree study right applications
- registering individual study attainments
- Aalto rector's incentive scholarship scholarship applications (application for completing the doctoral degree)
- applications for readmission
- doctoral thesis press release and public display of doctoral thesis
- graduation and degree certificates
- change of study status (part time / full time)
- all questions related to work contract and employment issues
Please contact the HR contact person of your department.
Doctoral Programme Committee
The Doctoral programme committee of the School decides about developing the content of the doctoral programme, prepares the curriculum and admission criteria and makes various decisions related to the evaluation process of the doctoral theses of individual students, among other things.
Research fields and professors
Research field is an area of academic research in which the school has agreed to provide doctoral education. The Aalto Doctoral Programme in Chemical Engineering offers doctoral education in 6 research fields. Each doctoral student is appointed a supervising professor who represents the research field approved for the student.
There are three departments at the School of Chemical Engineering. Read about the research focus of each department on their pages.
Enabling bio and circular economy
Sustainable future with high performance products
World-class materials research
Ombudspersons and support for challenges
Ombudspersons are voluntary professors with solid experience in academic practices whom doctoral students can contact confidentially in challenges related to the thesis work. In case of challenging situations, we also have a support system of e.g. study psychologists and workplace mediators.
Confidential contact persons for doctoral students wishing to discuss with a professor with experience in academic practices
Support network and help for harassment or other type of challenging situations
Career design is an experimental approach for creating a meaningful career path in the constantly changing world of work.