Aalto cloud email
All Aalto University's mailboxes are in cloud (Microsoft 365) as of 2021. Cloud email:
- enables a 100 GB mailbox size
- has a separate 100 GB online archive
- supports a variety of Microsoft 365 applications (ToDo, bookings, etc)
- allows delegating Teams meeting arrangements to someone else.
Link to outlook.office.com
You can use Outlook's email and calendar functions online at http://outlook.office.com. Use your Aalto email address and Aalto password to log in. In addition, you can use Outlook on the desktop app on your laptop or with your phone.
If you want to bring all your contacts from Outlook to your mobile phone:
- Android: Settings > Applications > Outlook > Make sure Contacts is enabled. Then open the Outlook app > tap your profile picture / initials > go to Settings (gear icon)> tap on your account > tap Sync Contacts.
- iPhone: Open Outlook, tap your profile picture, tap the wheel icon (settings) -> email accounts-> Office 365 -> select Save contacts -> select iPhone.
Why we use MFA at Aalto and instructions for starting to use MFA.
All those with an Aalto ID are entitled to use e-mail and calendar. You can use Aalto cloud e-mail and calendar also with webmail.
Instructions for setting up an email account on your phone and for for bringing your Outlook contacts to your phone
Here you can read frequently asked questions related to cloud email.
Microsoft Outlook can also be used on Mac computers. Follow these instructions to take an Outlook mailbox in use on a Mac.
Instructions on adding Mac Mail to Aalto University's computers.