Aalto email for your phone: instructions for iPhone and Android
Instructions for specifying an email account
- Cloud email users: Microsoft Outlook (iPhone and Android)
- On-prem email users: iPhone
- On-prem email users: Android
The names of the menus may vary, depending on the model and version of the device.
Please, note that the device must be connected to a network for this installation to succeed.
Note! Outlook app works only with Aalto's cloud email (Microsoft 365). If you are not yet transferred to cloud email, you could download another app to your phone, e.g. vmware boxer (choose Exchange in its settings).
Cloud email users: Microsoft Outlook (iPhone and Android)
- Download and install the Microsoft Outlook app from your mobile store and then open it.
- Tap Get Started.
- Enter your full email address, then tap Continue / Add account.
- Enter your email account password and tap Sign In.
- MFA identification is needed.
- After the migration you find Aalto staff's contacts by using Outlook mobile app's search.
Please note that for security reasons, you should use the Microsoft Outlook app to read Aalto email on Aalto's work phone.
NOTE! If you want to bring all your contacts from Outlook to your mobile phone, enable the sync:
Steps may vary between devices and between operating systems.
Android: Settings > Applications > Outlook > Make sure Contacts is enabled. Then open the Outlook app > tap your profile picture / initials > go to Settings (gear icon) > tap on your account > tap Sync Contacts.
iPhone: Open Outlook, tap your profile picture, tap the wheel icon (settings) -> email accounts-> Office 365 -> select Save contacts -> select iPhone.
More information about the Outlook app: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ww/microsoft-365/outlook-mobile-for-android-and-ios
On-prem email users: iPhone
- Select Settings.
- Select Accounts & Passwords and then Mail, Calendars, Notes.
- Add an account.
- Select Microsoft Exchange.
- Type your email address and password. You can write the desired name for the account in the Description field. Finally, press Next.
- On the next page, select which details you wish to synchronize in the phone, and press Save.
- The installation of the account is finished. You can now read emails from the Mail application.
On-prem email users: Android
- Open the Email application. If you have not installed another email account on your phone before, installation of the account begins directly. If you have previously had another email account on your phone, press the Setting button and select Settings.
- Select Add Account or, alternatively, press the ‘+’ sign on the page that opens. You can also add accounts through the Settings menu, at item Accounts.
- Select Exchange.
- Enter your email address and password in the fields reserved for them, and press Next. (Some versions may also ask for the address of the Exchange server, which is mail.aalto.fi, and/or domain org.aalto.fi).
- Wait for a moment, the settings are retrieved from the network.
- If the installation requests permission for the management of protection functions, accept such management by selecting Yes or OK.
- Finally, specify optional settings and press Next.
- If the installation asks about the management of protection functions, accept such management by pressing Yes, OK, or Activate.
- Finally, type a name for the account and press Ready. Your email account is ready for use.