Guide for updating your profile on ACRIS for the Research portal and Aalto.fi
On this pageLoading table of contents
Adding information to your profile in ACRIS
Remeber to save any changes (You will find setting in the bottom of profile editor window.).
- Log in to ACRIS at https://acris.aalto.fi and click Edit profile and choose Metadata from the appearing pop-up window.
Name variants: You can add a known as name where this differs from your official name in the system and this will display on your public profile at http://research.aalto.fi/ You may also want to add a default publishing name which can optimise the matching to your author name on imported publication records
Title: You can add, e.g. a degree title (PhD) to the Title field of your ACRIS profile
ORCID id: Add your ORCID id (If you do not have one, please register one at ORCID.).
Photo: Upload your profile photo (NB. Please make sure your photo is no more than a few hundred kilobytes. This photo will be transferred to your aalto.fi webpage as well!)
Links: You can add links to other webpages on your ACRIS.
Add description of your research interests -> Go to Curriculum and research description -> Select Add profile information -> Type Artistic and research interests. (This will help Research portal's Fingerprint search engine to select accurate concepts to your profile.)
Positions outside of the institution: You can use this field to highlight any current appointments that you have outside of the University.
Education/Qualification: The information is integrated from HR-system Workday to ACRIS. See the instructions.
Keywords: Add keywords to define your research areas. (This will help Research portal's Fingerprint search engine to select accurate concepts to your profile.)
Check your profile visibility status is set Public - no restrictions (You will find setting in the bottom of profile editor window.)
Optional things you can edit:
Click on Portal profile on the left-hand side of the profile editor:
Collaborational map: You can choose to show or hide your collaboration map.
Organisational affiliations: To specify which organisational affiliations are shown on portal un-tick affiliations that you do not want to display. By default, all your active organisational unit affiliations are shown. If you hide an affiliation it may still be present on the Portal on other pages, but it is not shown on your personal profile.
Fingerprints: You can choose which fingerprint concepts to show in your personal profile:
To omit one or more Fingerprints: Select the concept you want to omit and click on the red cross. The Fingerprint will be omitted. You can include the Fingerprint back to the selection by clicking the green plus on the omitted Fingerprint.
To switch the Fingerprints off on your profile page: Click on the blue On button and this will change to Off.
Highlighted content: You have the possibility to highlight your most important publications, activities, prizes, press/media and projects at the profile overview page (below the network map). If you choose not to highlight content, the newest content is used:
- Click on Highlighted content on the left-hand side of the profile editor and search for the content you want to highlight.
How to remove phone number from your public profile: Research portal (Research.aalto.fi) sometimes shows information about you which you do not wish to show publicly, e.g. phone number. Here are the instructions on how to remove your phone number from the system. (PDF-file)
Workday - Check all your information is up-to-date
- Log in to Workday (aalto.fi -> Tools) and select Personal Information -> About me.
- Check all your information is up-to-date, e.g. phone number, your name, email.
- Add your qualification information (The information is integrated from Workday to ACRIS and it will be visible in your Research portal profile page at https://research.aalto.fi/)
- Choose Summary from the vertical menu and from the overview go to the Education and click Add
- Add all the relevant information. Add Yes to Degree received field. Fill in both Year Degree Received and Last Day Attended. Please note that if you add only the year when your degree was received and not Last day Attended, in ACRIS your award date will be automatically set to last day of the award granted year, e.g. 31.12.YYYY.
- Click Submit
How to edit settings in your Aalto Profile
- Log in to aalto.fi and select My profile.
- Click Edit profile.
- Set visibility public (Note! Your default visibility setting is hidden).
- Choose your title:
- Primary title from Workday (WD): Business title or Position title OR
- Your title from your ACRIS profile.
Set research data imported from ACRIS as visible:
- Expertise (List of Keywords in ACRIS)
- Research groups
Back to ACRIS instructions index and ACRIS instructions main page:
This page compiles all ACRIS instructions. ACRIS, Aalto Current Research Information System, is the research information management system of Aalto University. Information is displayed in the public portal Research.aalto.fi.
Aalto Current Research Information System (ACRIS) is Aalto University’s research information management system. The system contains information about the up-to-date research and artistic activities of the university. These activities are shown through the public portal Research.aalto.fi.