Working at Aalto
Self-development at Aalto
Highly competent and motivated people form the foundation of Aalto’s success. We actively support the career and competence development of our staff by creating opportunities for career advancement, flexible job rotation or moving on to a parallel career.
Aalto’s core competency areas
Aalto University has identified five core competency areas crucial to Aalto’s success and the success of our people:
- “Working Together” – relates to living by our values, relating and networking, and working with people, and is our core competency related to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- “Insightful Expertise” – builds competence to better apply and share expertise, and be as data-driven as possible in our work.
- “Learning Agility & Creativity” – aligns with one of Aalto’s cross-cutting themes to build a radically creative community, supported by building competency around embracing change and learning agility.
- “Achieving Excellence” – taking initiative and accountability, how to aim high and achieve, and the competency of influencing.
- “Empowering leadership” – ensuring our leaders empower their people and lead with accountability.