Sharing the calendar
You can share your own calendar with other Outlook users that you specify. You can also make limitations to the period of time, and to how much information is displayed when the calendar is shared.
With the help of these instructions, you can start and stop sharing your calendar. You can also publish the calendar in form of HTML or a single file in .ics-format which can be imported to for example Gmail.
Share the calendar
- Log in to webmail at https://outlook.office.com with your Aalto username and password.
- Open Calendar from the left-side menu.
- You can see all your own calendars below "My calendars". "People’s calendars" shows other contacts calendars and Groups shows calendars of the groups you belong to.
- Start sharing your calendar by clicking the three dots beside the calendar, and selecting Sharing and permissions.
- You can now write the person’s name you want to share the calendar with into the text field.
- Select one of the alternatives from the drop down menu:
- “Can view when I’m busy” means that there is only shown when you are available or busy.
- “Can view titles and locations” tells that you can see title and location of the meeting.
- “Can view all details” shows all the details that are shown to you when you yourself have a look.
- Press Share button
- Email has now been sent to the person that a calendar was shared with.
You can stop sharing a calendar from the "Sharing and permissions" selecting icon that displays a trash can (Remove).
Sharing and publishing calendar from Outlook Web App’s settings
- Click the wheel icon from top-right.
- Select View all Outlook settings that can be found from bottom of the bar that just opened.
- Click Calendar from the menu left.
- Move your mouse cursor to Shared calendars and click.
- From Share a calendar section you can select a calendar that you want to share or give permissions to it from the dropdown menu.
- From section Publish a calendar it is possible to publish a calendar that you can share as an HTML link or download an .ics-file that can be shared onwards. You can also give permissions to this calendar the same way as was described above.