Aalto University Campus & Real Estate (ACRE) maintains, develops and rents out Aalto University facilities in Otaniemi and Töölö. We also build new concepts and shared facilities for parties outside the university, thus turning Otaniemi into a unique partnership centre and the most inspiring campus in the world.
Service Manager Tomi Kanerva is the general supervisor for Lobby Services. Four coordinators – Mira Bartholdi, Tuuli Seger, Iiro Koskinen and Kim Ranta – are responsible for the different operational areas.
Services may differ between buildings. If you have questions about Aalto’s Lobby Services or other matters, you can contact Service Manager Tomi Kanerva at 050 515 0373 or [email protected].
While Lobby Services staff have a diverse range of duties, the underlying goal is to ensure the smooth running of university operations. Depending on the building, Lobby Services may primarily serve the reception area or perform other building porter and custodial duties in different parts of the facility.
- Customer service and information
- Helping ensure the general order and security of campus facilities according to the building safety plan
- Locking and opening doors
- Distribution and collection of building keys, maintaining the key management system
- Using the postal system Posti SmartShip; sending, receiving sorting and distributing mail; receiving courier deliveries (UPS, DHL etc.) and delivering to Aalto recipients, as well as receiving outbound mail and giving to couriers on behalf of the Aalto senders. Note that the building porters are not responsible for preparing orders or shipping forms (due to liability issues).
- Distributing documents
- Operating the classroom booking system (Asio / eSupport)
- Lecture hall maintenance: guidance and assistance, board cleaning, general cleaning, advice on audiovisual (AV) equipment, ordering repairs when necessary
- Delivery of AV equipment to classrooms as needed
- Making accommodations for dissertation defences
- Maintaining the central storage rooms and inventories of office supplies
- Delivering printer and copy machine paper and refilling the paper trays
- Reporting malfunctions in copiers and other equipment
- Ordering service calls for grounds and facilities and performing minor repair and maintenance work
- Lightbulb replacement
- Small moving jobs
- Posting temporary signs
- Moving, installing and adjusting room furniture and accessories, depending on the need and situation