Data agents and data advisor
Data Advisor is a full-time specialist working on the Aalto University level and support research staff in all departments.
Our mission is better data management
A cultural change is needed to maximize Aalto University's research impact. We have recruited Data agents to ensure that data is managed properly and it is possible to open. Proper data management is essential in order to achieve open science goals:
- Optimal use and reuse of research data (Strategic Goal of Aalto University)
- Aalto 2022: Strong open research data capabilities (Digitalization Strategy, Aalto University)
How can data agents help you
Data agents extend the support services with discipline-specific expertise and they can help with everyone's particular needs. Everyone these days uses data in different forms, yet our ability to handle it well has not always kept up and it can easily get lost or not fully utilized.
Tasks of the agents include:
- Foster reuse of data
- Help researchers, research groups and departments to manage data well
- Help to publish data in a suitable repository
- Giving feedback and contributing to the development of data support services in Aalto University
How can data advisor help you
Data advisor, in addition to the responsibilities of the data agents, can help you by solving the following questions:
- How to handle personal data?
- Where to store and share with collaborators public and personal/confidential research data?
- How to organize and document your research data?
- How to publish open datasets/codes?
- How to choose a suitable repository for dataset/code?
- How to choose the license for dataset/code?
- How to write and follow a good data management plan for your research project?
- How to comply with open science requirements?
Links to research data management instructions
Follow these links to navigate through research data management instructions.