Aalto University Research Data Management Network organises a biannual webinar series on research data management (RDM) and open science. The registration for spring 2022 webinars is now open! The webinars are aimed at researchers and students but are open to anyone. Participation is free and no prior knowledge is needed. Please note that we do not issue attendance certificates. Webinar topics include legal aspects of research data, reproducibility of science, responsible conduct of research, and current trends in academic publishing. All webinars are held in English. Please see the full list of webinar descriptions and registration links below.
- Introduction to Scientific and High-Performance Computing | February 2–4, 2022 | Registration
- Introduction to Research Data Management | March 2, 2022, at 1–2.30 PM (EET) | Registration
- How Should Open Software Be Licensed? | March 8, 2022, at 2–3 PM (EET) | Registration
- Data Management Plans: a How-to | March 10, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) | Registration
- Handling of Personal Data | March 16, 2022, at 1–2.30 PM (EET) | Registration
- How to Store Research Data | March 17, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) | Registration
- How to Share Research Data Through a Data Repository: A Zenodo Example | March 22, 2022, at 1–2.30 PM (EET) | Registration
- Working with Restricted Datasets | March 24, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) | Registration
- How to Store Sensitive Research Data | March 30, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) | Registration
- Hands-on Data Anonymisation, part I & II | April 4 & 6, 2022, at 11.50 AM–15.00 PM (EET) | [Registration to be opened]
- How to Make Your Research and Code Reproducible and Reusable | April 7, 2022, at 1–2.30 PM (EET) | Registration
- Responsible conduct of research, questionable research practices... and possible cures | April 28, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) | Registration
- Current Trends in Academic Publishing: Publishing in Horizon Europe projects and the emerging Overlay Publishing concept | May 3, 2022, at 1–2.30 PM (EET) | Registration
- Legal Aspects of Research Data | May 5, 2022, at 11.30 AM–12.30 PM (EET) | Registration
- Introduction to the world of Finnish Registry Data | May 10, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) | Registration
- School of Electrical Engineering | Basics of Research Data Management | March 29, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) | Registration
- School of Arts, Design and Architecture | Research Data in the Visual Arts | April 26, 2022, at 1–2 PM (EET) I Registration
Aalto Research Services publishes webinar recordings on YouTube
Previous webinars are publicly available on the Aalto Research Services YouTube channel. Please note that not all webinars are recorded and published on YouTube.
Aalto Research Services channel
Playlist: Research Data Management and Open Science Autumn 2021Playlist: Research Data Management and Open Science Spring 2021Playlist: Research Data Management Autumn 2020
Video playlist by CSC: Introduction to Research Data Management (CSC)
Introduction to research data management, data management plans, and CSC data management services.
Please contact [email protected]
- If you need information or wish to suggest a topic for future RDM training
- If you are interested in face-to-face consultations (individual researchers or research groups)
- If you are interested in ordering a training/workshop on RDM and open science (e.g. for a department, research group, project, doctoral students).