The EIT Community’s response focuses, on the one hand, on the most vulnerable beneficiary groups affected by the crisis, i.e. students, entrepreneurs (start-ups and SMEs) and innovators.
EIT Manufacturing Call for Proposals "Response to COVID-19 Crisis"
Funding: 300 - 500 k€;
Project duration: Jul 1 - Dec 31, 2020
The new EIT Manufacturing Call for Proposals "Response to COVID-19 Crisis" is open to proposals for
- Venture support instrument to provide targeted support to high impact and growth potential scale-ups and SMEs to overcome the COVID-19 crisis and adapt/accelerate to post crisis economic reality;
- Pandemic response activities to generate and implement short-term response activities addressing directly the COVID-19 crisis with the potential to make a significant impact addressing manufacturing related callenges.
Please log in to get full access to the call document!
The timeline is as follows:
- Call closing: May 31, 2020, 12:00 CEST
- Evaluation of proposals by independent experts & selection of Activities and scale-up/SMEs portfolio to be proposed by EIT Manufacturing for funding: May 29, 2020
- Award decision from EIT: June 30, 2020
- Start of accepted Activities: July 1, 2020
- End of accepted Activities: December 31, 2020
The objective is to safeguard the R&D and Go To Market actions, for survival and competitiveness.
Applications can request up to 500k€.
The support is intented to be paid early in the second semester allowing the beneficiary to carry-out activities and deliver results from July to December 2020. The modalities will be defined more precisely by EIT rules and process.
is available at this link. It contains the following elements to be filled out:
- General information on the company (year of creation, Country and City of HQ location, # employees)
- Short description of value proposal (incl. key technology and key target industries)
- Annual Revenues: achieved in 2018 / achieved in 2019 / projected in 2020
- Countries in which active : currently / planned in the future
- Amount of COVID19 financial support requested (k€)
- ROI to EIT Manufacturing: multiple choice amongst 1- Equity share, 2-Revenues sharing, 3- Consulting & Service fees
- Any key additional information you wish to share.
has to be attached to the online form as a slide set with the following information provided:
- Historical view (created when, past fundraised, current size, trend on past 2 years, Management Team) – suggested in 1 slide
- Value proposal : pain points and solution provided - suggested in 1 slide
- R&D activity: Product / Technology development (portfolio / roadmap) - suggested in 1 slide
- Go To Market and commercialization activity: Customers pipeline and potential deals - suggested in 1 slide
- 2020 Business Plan before crisis : revenues, cost, cash flow - suggested in 1 to 2 slides
- \COVID 19 impacts : R&D impact / Go To Market impact quantified and synthetic explanation
- Request of financial support : Amount requested, and what impact will this have? - suggested in 1 to 2 slides
- Business Development ambition beyond COVID19 crisis - suggested in 1 slide
- Proposed ROI for EITM : 1-Equity shares, 2-Revenues sharing, 3-Consulting & Services payment - suggested in 1 slide
Pandemic Response Activities
Focus on Innovation Activites creating tangible results until the end of the year
EIT funding can be up to 300k€
Reduced co-funding requirement at KAVA level of 15%
one product or process that has substantial, proven impact in the fight against COVID-19 or the practical consequences of the pandemic. Ideally the product or process should also lead to increased societal or individual resilience against COVID-19 or its effects. An overlap with existing Activities or Activities proposed for 2021 has to be avoided. Furthermore, the EIT funding requested should be additional to existing relevant national support schemes, i.e. overlaps with national efforts should be avoided.
The activity should fall into either the segment DEVELOP (bringing an almost ready product or process to market) or into the segment GROW (upscaling a product or process which is already on the market)
Proposals need to be submitted using the online template for the EIT Manufacturing Call for Proposals 2020. Note that this is different from the submission of proposals for the Call 2021, in particular the special call for resilient manufacturing that also addresses responses to the pandemic, but is more long term oriented.
To access the submission system, please log in to the EIT Manufacturing Intranet at http://plaza.eitmanufacturing.eu/ . Select “Call for Proposals 2020 – COVID-19 Response” from “Call for Proposals” at the top menu bar, or click on the respective button in the dashboard. Create a new proposal by clicking on the respective button at the top and select in tab 0 as area “Innovation” and as Segment one of “Develop” or “Grow”, as applicable. Any other Area and Segment are not eligible for this call.