The Starting Point of Wellbeing offers students easy access to counselling and advice on matters of well-being and study ability. The services available to you include drop-in (no reservation) advising/counselling sessions, peer support groups, and online materials. You can also make an appointment to receive individual counselling.
Concentration training -online material is available for students in Finnish and English
- Does your mind begin to wander when you should study for an exam?
- Do you have to read math assignments over and over because you cannot stay focused?
- Do you find yourself scrolling social media applications on your phone when you should be studying?
- Do things slip your mind often in your daily life?
In university studies, the ability to stay focused is a very central skill in many contexts. Whether you are listening to a lecture, reading academic texts or writing essays, good concentration skills will help you succeed in studies. If staying focused is a challenge for you, remember that you are not alone: most university students have difficulties concentrating at some point in their studies. Fortunately, concentration is a skill that each of us can become better at, regardless of our starting level.
The purpose of this material is to help you overcome barriers to concentration and train your ability to focus.
This material consists of three sections:
1. The ability to concentrate and creating conditions that support it (week 1)
2. Creating the conditions for good concentration (weeks 2 and 3)
3. Training your concentration (weeks 4 and 5)
MyCourses: In Finnish: https://mycourses.aalto.fi/course/view.php?id=34928 and in English:Concentration Training!
Welcome to train your concentration skills!
This page has groups, workshops and online (MyCourses) material organised by Aalto in the area of well-being. The groups and workshops are conducted in Finnish or English.