Aalto CareerWeb - Recruit a student
Aalto University students are top in their fields – arts, business, design and technology. Employers can advertise career opportunities (jobs, internships, thesis assignments, project work) suitable for Aalto students in Aalto CareerWeb for free. Posting adverts doesn’t require registration and adverts can later be edited by the employer through an ad-specific edit link. Only Aalto students have access to the adverts (up until four months after graduation).
Aalto CareerWeb Terms of Publishing
Career Services secures the right to approve/reject adverts.
Career Services does not assume any responsibility for the information in the ads.
Employers should always target the advert to at least one of the study fields taught at Aalto University.
We do not publish anonymous adverts.
In adverts concerning employee leasing the "employer" needs to be stated as "Company A / Company B". Company A being the company where the actual work is done and Company B the employer.
We publish only ads that are suitable for Aalto University students.
We do not publish non-paid jobs or internships nor adverts that require a registration fee from the students. The salary should also be on a satisfactory level (taking into account the job and requirements). The salary should not be under 1211 € / month (for full time placements). This is the work requirement for one to be entitled to basic unemployment allowance in Finland. However, unpaid internships taking place abroad can be published if this information is visible already in the headline (unpaid / palkaton).
We do not publish adverts concerning network marketing / multi-level marketing or voluntary work.
We do not publish any adverts that require unemployment nor are looking for candidates for "recruiting programs".
We do not accept adverts against Finnish laws (for example Non-Discrimination Act).
Offer a Job or an Internship
In Aalto CareerWeb you can post an advert for
summer jobs or internships
Part or full time jobs
fixed term / permanent positions
trainee or graduate programmes
More information on internships and training
Internships are an efficient channel of recruitment, through which employers will get valuable work contribution and information on the education at Aalto University. By hiring an intern, your organisation will gain the latest industry views and fresh ideas. By offering internships, you will also build your positive image as a potential future employer to graduating students.
Internships are a learning opportunity for students, as it enables them to get to know various job tasks in their field under experts' supervision. It can also clarify the career planning process for students. Internship tasks should be such that students can utilize their knowledge and skills gained through their studies, as well as develop their professional and working life skills.
There are many foreign degree students at Aalto University, who are also looking for internship positions. Hiring a foreign student not only brings skills and competences, but also cultural knowledge of the student’s home country to your organisation.
Offer a Thesis or project assignment
You can also advertise a thesis or project assignment for students in Aalto CareerWeb. You can either promote a possiblity for a thesis assignment on a general level or provide a more detailed description of the assignment.
The Visibility of Adverts in Aalto CareerWeb
- Career Services at Aalto University handles and publishes adverts within two working days.
- Adverts' maximum period of validity is four months.
- The job advert will automatically be removed from the student visibility at the application deadline.
- The adverts are in text form (hyperlinks work), there is no possibility to attach documents.
- Copying straight from pdf or other document (MS Word etc.) might cause errors in the information, as the system does not fix e.g. hyphenation, links, false wrapping, etc.
- You may target your advert to one or more Aalto University study fields. If Career Services detects that the advert is not suitable for the study field or suites other study fields that you have chosen, we reserve the right to alter your choices.
- NOTE! Adverts with "Not education sector-specific" in the Study field will be changed to correspond to the fields taught at Aalto University. Our students browse the adverts using the study field choice. This will also have an effect on the Job Subscription Robot.
- If you have questions or discover technical problems, please be in contact with [email protected].
- The service and the contained data are located in a cloud service environment of the service provider, provided on the service provider's own virtual server in Finland. Aarresaari.net - Privacy Statement.
Instructions for Adverts field by field
We update these instructions according to feedback and questions received. If you have anything you wish to give feedback about, or if you wish to point out missing guidelines, please send an email to [email protected]. * marked fields are mandatory.