Living in Finland
Finland is a great place for living with or without family. It is a safe, politically stable and well-organized Nordic society, where equality is esteemed very high and corruption very low.
Extensive social security ensures basic security for people in all situations in life, and free high quality education system is acknowledged worldwide.
In Finland, a low level of hierarchy is considered a strong characteristic and that goes for working life as well.
About Helsinki & the Metropolitan Area
- International House Helsinki. Your entry to working and settling in Helsinki area
- City of Helsinki (hel.fi)
- City of Espoo (espoo.fi)
- Visit Espoo (visitespoo.fi)
- Visit Helsinki (visithelsinki.fi)
- YLE News (Finnish Broadcasting Company, yle.fi)
- YLE Mondo (YLE Mondo is a multilingual radio channel, yle.fi)
- Helsinki Times (News from Finland)
Why come to Finland?
- Finland is the happiest country in the world for the fourth consecutive year. World Happiness Report 2018-2021
- Finland has the third least corruption in the world. Transparency International 2020
- Finland is the world’s safest country. World Economic Forum,The Global Competitiveness Report 2019
Finnish children have the third most secure childhood in the world. Save the children, Global Childhood Report 2019
Finland ranks the 1st in the world in the institutions pillar. This assesses security, property rights, social capital, checks and balances, transparency and ethics, public-sector performance, future orientation of government, and corporate governance. World Economic Forum (WEF),The Global Competitiveness Report 2019
Finland ranks the 2nd in the world in the Skills pillar. The Skills pillar assesses the general level of skills of the workforce and the quantity and quality of education. World Economic Forum (WEF),The Global Competitiveness Report 2019
- Finland is the second most gender equal country in the world. World Economic Forum, Global Gender Gap Index 2021
- The air in Finland is the cleanest in the world. YLE, Finland tops WHO air quality statistics 2018.
Need more proof? Check Statistics Finland (stat.fi)
On this page read more on inviting incoming international staff. The receiving department or unit HR will take care of preparing a Hosting Agreement for the incoming person.