Use the Aimo service to register for Open University courses.
Registration requires the following steps:
- Registration as a user of the Aimo service
- Logging in to the Aimo service
- Course registration
- Payment of the course fee
1. Registration as a user of the Aimo service
You can register as a user of the Aimo service either with personal online banking codes, mobile certificate or identity card. To register, go to Aimo and click on By online bank identification, mobile signature or identification card.
If you do not have personal online banking codes, mobile certificate or identity card, click on Without identification to register. In this case, you will have to prove your identity in order to finalize your study right. After you have done your first course registration you will receive further instructions on how to prove your identity via encrypted e-mail.
2. Logging in to the Aimo service
After registration for the service you will be able to log in With Aimo-service username and password.
Your username for the Aimo service is the e-mail address (e.g. [email protected]) you used to register for the first time. It doesn't change even though you will also get an Aalto username for your studies. The original username doesn't change even if your e-mail address changes later.
If you already have a valid Aalto University user ID and password (Aalto staff, degree students), you can use them to register for courses and do not have to register as a user of the Aimo service separately.
3. Course registration
To register for a course, click on Online registration for the course in the course description, which brings you to the Aimo log-in page. Log into the Aimo service with the username you have registered.
- Select Course registration from the menu, and further the appropriate registration form (e.g. Course registration Spring 2021), and then Fill in form.
- Accept the Open University's rules of conduct, choose the appropriate course in the drop-down menu, and once you have found the course of your choice click on Send form.
- You can register for just one course per form.
- Each course is paid in connection with filling in the form. (Exception: if the course is full and you register for the waitlist, the fee will not be charged until a place possibly becomes available to you and you accept it.)
If the course is already full, it is noted after the course name. The notification does not, however, stop you from adding yourself to the waitlist for the course. It is done as follows:
- Once you have found the course of your choice click on Send form.
- On the next screen click on Save and continue later.
You will be notified by e-mail if a place becomes available on the course. After the receipt of the e-mail notification, you have 48 hours to accept the place on the course. If you fail to accept the place before the deadline, the place will be offered to the next person on the list. Please note that a place can become available also during the weekend.
Registration is always done by the student. Teachers do not deal with registrations. If you have questions about available places, always contact Open University by email [email protected].
4. Payment of the course fee
The course fee is paid in connection with the course registration.
- Select Proceed with payment and log into your online bank with your banking codes.
- To ensure that your payment is registered into the system, you must return to the Aimo service website after the payment. Some online banks may require that you click on Palaa palveluntarjoajan sivulle (Return to the service provider’s website).
The online banks available are Aktia, Nooa Säästöpankki, Handelsbanken, Nordea, Osuuspankki, POP Bank and Danske Bank, while the credit cards accepted are Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard and American Express.
Payment can also be done by another person.
In case none of these payment options are available to you, please contact Open University by e-mail [email protected]
After payment you will get a confirmation of your course registration by e-mail.