Liveto – for virtual events
The virtual event platform Liveto supports presenting and hosting academic meetings and conferences online, offering Aalto faculty the possibility to keep up with academic networks and offer high-standard collaboration tools for our new way of working.
Aalto University offers its community a platform that combines streaming, video content, chat and programme overviews. The web browser based platform offers tools for interaction, poster-sessions, meeting rooms, and networking.
With the help of the Aalto hosted and procured platform the event production process is made easier, resources and time is saved, production support is offered and data and GDPR security ensured. The communication team supports faculty and staff in organizing high quality events with Liveto.
Create your events using Liveto
- Contact communications (COS)
- Ensure the use of Liveto by sending a message to [email protected]
- Confirmation from COS
- You will get a confirmation with guidance and further information
- Creating the event
- Reserve enough time for creating the event. Please reserve at least 3 – 4 weeks for creating and editing the online event, best results are achieved when the event is created at least 2 months in advance.
- Use the Aalto templates, this makes it quicker and easier to create the event.
- It is recommended to not make any changes to the Liveto platform about a week before the event.
- Reserve enough resources for creating the event, incl. instructing the speakers, moderating the chat etc. both before and during the event.
- Reserve budget for streaming services, as well as other webinar costs.
- Technical features for Liveto
- The web browser based platform enables event programme on the main stage simultaneously with a number of sub rooms.
- the programme on the main stage can be watched simultaneously by thousands, and the sub rooms by hundreds.
- The platform enables eg. poster sessions as a two-way communication for max. 30 connections simultaneously.
- It is possible to organise private meetings during a larger event on the platform.
- Please note: Zoom is not integrated to Liveto, but requires Vimeo to send the signal.
Read more about creating events
This service is provided by:
Did you find what you were looking for? If not, please contact us.