IDA research data storage service
- Reliable storage space for research data
- 480 TB quota for Aalto University in total
- Login with Aalto account
- Collaboration possible with other CSC users; Finnish universities and research institutes, and external research collaborators
- Sharing individual files to anyone with links
- Browser and command line interfaces available
- Integrates to other Fairdata services to support publishing research data
- Describe dataset with Qvain and publish through Etsin
Qvain metadata creation tool
- Document a collection of files as a dataset and publish description in Etsin
- Publish IDA files as datasets, making them findable via Etsin
- May also be used for files in other storage locations
- Assigns persistent identifiers for metadata descriptions
Etsin research dataset finder
- Service to find and access research datasets
- Provides landing page for Fairdata datasets, making them findable
- Harvests metadata from external repositories
- Including Language Bank of Finland, the Finnish Social Science Data archive and the Finnish Environmental Institute
- Allows applying for and granting permits to use restricted access datasets
- Allows creating metadata records programmatically for automation and integration purposes
Fairdata PAS digital preservation service
- Digital preservation is the reliable storage of digital information for tens or even hundreds of years
- For organisational users
- Preserves research data in behalf of Aalto University, taking care of file conversions as needed
- 10 TB quota for Aalto University in total
Fairdata services are offered by the Ministry of Education and Culture and produced by CSC – IT Center for Science.
For problems and service requests on the Fairdata services, contact CSC customer support at [email protected]
If you have any questions on the use of Fairdata services in Aalto University, please send a service request here: servicedesk.aalto.fi.
- IDA is suitable neither for sensitive personal data nor confidential data
- IDA requires a simple registration and application process. See: Becoming an IDA user.
- PAS isn't currently available as Aalto preservation process is not in place yet
B2SHARE is the user-friendly, reliable and trustworthy EUDAT service to store and publish research data from diverse contexts.
Zenodo is a catch-all repository for any kind of research data.
Data publishing repositories used in Aalto University