Driving and parking at Otaniemi
ACRE, in collaboration with Aalto University, has made clarifications to the parking restrictions on the Otaniemi campus. Monitoring of the parking areas is done by the City of Espoo’s parking monitor service. Parking areas with their limits are marked in the map you can find on this page.
Aalto staff & students, please sign in to find out all the information from this page.
Employees and partners' guests, as well as students, are directed to park in the outdoor parking spaces or the Otaparkki building with hourly charges.
Parking fees for outdoor parking spaces and Otaparkki
- Monday-Friday 8:00–18:00 €1/ hour + payment service provider's service charge
- monthly fee €45/month + payment service provider's service charge
The monthly fee allows you to park your car in any chargeable parking space within the Otaniemi area, including Otaparkki (Sähkömiehentie 3). All parking fees will be managed through EasyPark and Parkman in the future. The City of Espoo controls parking enforcement on the Otaniemi campus area.
The parking spaces of Otaparkki and outdoor spaces align under the same Easypark/Parkman code (543), which can be found in parking areas and in the application when parking.
In addition to the stickers of personnel, blue plastic discs, resembling a normal parking disc and containing the text ”Aalto-yliopiston pysäköintilupa” (“Aalto University parking permit”), are given out. Vehicles (and trailers) with these discs are permitted to exceed the permitted time limits. Such vehicle-specific discs, which are marked with registration numbers, are issued to vehicles and trailers owned by the university, and to residents of the campus area (residents = people who have housing adjacent to the premises of Aalto University).
With other parking areas, and other terms and conditions, the procedures will be the same as before. There is no caravan area on the campus.
For electric car users
Electric cars can be charged at designated charging stations on campus according to a separate pricing list. The charging time is limited to a maximum of 3 hours. Charging stations are available in the following parking areas:
- Dipoli (Otakaari 24), those with an Aalto University staff parking permit are not charged a parking fee.
- Otaniementie 9, those with an Aalto University staff parking permit are not charged a parking fee.
- Maarintie 8, those with an Aalto University staff parking permit are not charged a parking fee.
- Biologinkuja (only for A Bloc customers), all those who park are charged both a parking and charging fee.
- A Grid (Otakaari 5), all those who park are charged both a parking and charging fee.
- Otaparkki (Sähkömiehentie 3), all those who park are charged both a parking and charging fee.
Charging prices are dynamic and are checked at regular intervals. Up-to-date prices can be found in the Plugit application and on ACRE's website.
More information: ACRE contact form
See the map below for Aalto University Otaniemi parking spaces (map updated 26.2.2024):
Here you will also find restaurants, the map, the Aalto Space mobile app, access control - all practical information on one page! You can also visit the campus virtually.