Cloud storage - OneDrive & Google Drive
How to start using OneDrive for Business?
- Install OneDrive if it has not been installed yet o365.aalto.fi
- Open "my OneDrive for business" with browser and select sync: My OneDrive for Business
Files will be synchronized here: C:\Users\username\OneDrive - Aalto-yliopisto
How to start using Google Drive?
- Activate Google Drive
- Log in to the service idm.aalto.fi and follow these instructions: https://www.aalto.fi/en/services/google-drive-registration-and-closing-of-an-account
You can find up-to-date news, contact information, chat and instructions of frequently used IT services at IT-help hub: accounts, passwords, email, MFA, vpn, printing, teams, zoom, VDI and guidelines how to procure workstations and phones.
- Storage space online
- Enable to share and edit files simultaneously with others in real-time
|OneDrive for Business||Google Drive|
Note! Despite of its name, OneDrive for Business is not the same service as OneDrive intended for consumers.
What information MAY and MAY NOT be stored in OneDrive for Business and Google Drive:
- Quick guide to information classifications: https://www.aalto.fi/en/cyber-security/quick-guide-to-information-classifications
Google Drive requires accepting EULA – End User Licence Agreement.
If you have any questions or you are experiencing problems, please send a service request here: servicedesk.aalto.fi
This service is part of the Office 365 service provided by Microsoft. In case of any error, Microsoft is responsible for repairing the service.
In possible malfunctions of Google Drive the repair responsibility is at Google.
Aalto University researchers, staff members and students are provided with network disk space as a storage location for their files. The files can be used by means of a directory that is automatically created when an Aalto University user ID is granted.
Researchers, research groups and projects can use the specific TeamWork file service. Features are adjusted to meet the needs of each group.