Congratulations! You have just been admitted to Aalto University
Your application made an impression on us and we would like to warmly welcome you as a member of the Aalto community. You will be in excellent company as Aalto is ranked 9th in the world in the QS ranking of universities under 50 years. We will ensure you get the best possible learning experience with personal academic advising, ex- tensive student wellbeing services and an active student community. We very much look forward to seeing younext autumn.
At Aalto, we believe in the power of curiosity. We encourage our students to explore the unknown and learn and do things in a whole new way – together, breaking boundaries. We’ll do our best to make sure you have all the information you need and answer all your questions about starting your studies here. Our contact information can be found at the end of this letter.
Welcome to Aalto University! See you soon!
New student checklist
Please, take a good look to go over the following steps:
- Accept Your Admission Offer by 20 April 2023 (3:00 pm, GMT +3). If you have been admitted off the waiting list, check the deadline from the admission letter!
- Submit certified (attested) hard copy documents by 26 May 2023 (3:00 pm, GMT +3) (applicants admitted in March) or by 17 August 2023 (3:00 pm, GMT +3) (applicants admitted off the waiting list in April, May or June).
- If you have been conditionally accepted with an incomplete degree, submit attested copies of your degree certificate by 17 August 2023 3:00 pm, GMT +3
- Return the Aalto Scholarship Terms document and/or pay the tuition fee if applicable.
Enroll as attending by 30 July 2023.
If your admission offer is conditional, you can enrol at the university after the condition has been fulfilled and the admission is not conditional anymore.
Please note that you may be subject to several conditions. The conditions are stated in your admission letter. More information
- Apply for Residence Permit (non-EU/non-EEA Citizens) or register your residence (EU/EEA Citizens).
- Apply for student accommodation.
- Activate your Aalto user account. You can activate your Aalto user account in July at the earliest after you have enrolled for the academic year and received an activation email for your Aalto user account.
- Complete Aalto Pre-Orientation online (the link to the material will be provided later; access requires activation of your Aalto user account).
- Prepare to start your studies with an orientation on week 35 (the week beginning on 28 August).
Detailed instructions for these steps and more information for new students is available at https://www.aalto.fi/en/new-students/masters-students
Events and resources
We invite you to join the webinars, meet your peers on Goin' and meetings organised by programmes, and chat with current Aalto students on Unibuddy and Friday coffee sessions.
Communication before the orientation in the autumn
Check your email regularly! We will send you newsletters in the spring and summer to remind you of important matters and to provide you with more information about the orientation programme and starting your studies. Before the orientation week, you will also receive an email from a peer-student tutor. Please remember to notify us if you change your email address. In the meanwhile, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch!
You can find the contact information below. Note that July is holiday season in Finland, please contact [email protected] if you have urgent questions during that time.