Application Guidelines: Information Technology Program (ITP)
There is a separate application process to the Aalto ITP minor.
The application period is open during Monday, January 10th - Friday, April 22nd, 2022. The application closes on the 22nd of April, 2022 at 16:00 (Finnish local time).
The link to the online application form can be accessed on this website during the application period. Only applications that are sent via the application form within the given period are assessed. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Head of Summer School, Laura Sivula, [email protected] or one of the coordinators (contact information at the bottom of the page).
The application must be completed at once. Make sure you have the following documents ready and saved behind a cloud storage service link and make sure the link is accessible (Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Sharepoint, etc):
- Official transcript of records (for students) or degree certificate (for graduates)
- Motivation video or letter
- CV in pdf and link to your LinkedIn profile
- Additionally, you can add your portfolio or a picture in the folder
Motivation video/letter instructions
Film an introductory video (maximum duration is 2 minutes) or write a letter (about 1 page) to illustrate:
- What are your strengths and development points in team working? What will you bring to the team?
- What motivates you to apply to the program (social, career and personal motives)?
Please note: The video does not have to be in a "video interview" format. Be creative!
Applicant group 1
Aalto University's degree students, students applying under the JOO agreement, and exchange students from School of Business partner universities can apply according to these instructions. There is no tuition fee for this applicant group.
- 40 % Previous studies (including grades and study efficiency + the level of studies BSc / MSc)
- 40 % Motivation (video format)
- 20 % Work experience (CV and LinkedIn profile)
All others than Aalto University students must have written permission from their home university (either electronic JOO agreement permission or permission to participate as an exchange student).
ITP is free of charge for tuition waiver students who are students from Aalto University, students from Finnish universities under the JOO agreement and students from Aalto University School of Business partner institutions under the current exchange agreement. Aalto School of Business does not provide any scholarships or other financial aid for ITP studies. ITP will help students from other universities with finding accommodation if needed. However, the student pays the cost of accommodation. Applicants must have at least 60 ECTS of the BSc degree completed when applying to the program.
Applicant group 2
Life-wide learners, graduates, experts, PhD students from other universities than from Aalto University, students from other foreign universities, and students from universities of applied sciences (AMK) can apply according to these instructions. There is a tuition fee of 4200 € (incl. ALV 24 %) for this applicant group.
- 40 % Work experience (CV and LinkedIn profile)
- 40 % Motivation (in video format)
- 20 % Previous studies (including grades and study efficiency + the level of completed studies)
The tuition fee is 4200 € (incl. VAT 24 %). Aalto School of Business does not provide any scholarships or other financial aid for ITP studies. ITP will help students from abroad with finding accommodation if needed. However, the student pays the cost of the accommodation, living and travels. The tuition fee covers the expenses of teaching and learning during the program. It does not cover the commuting to business project meetings or to possible company excursions.
Intake in three phases
You can apply to ITP in three sections and thus get selected in the program already at the beginning of the year. By applying before the last selection period, you maximize your chances of being selected.
- The selection of the student assessment for applications received by January 31, 2022, will be given no later than February 8, 2022. Selected students can confirm their participation in the program until February 18, 2022.
- The selection of the student assessment for applications received during February 1 – 28, 2022, will be given no later than March 8, 2022. Selected students can confirm their participation in the program until March 18, 2022.
- The selection of the student assessment for applications received during March 1 – April 1, 2022, will be given no later than April 14, 2022. Selected students can confirm their participation in the program until April 25, 2022.