When can I apply to ITP?
- The application period to ITP is open each Spring starting in January and ending early April. The application period for the ITP 2021 starts on Monday, January 11 at 9:00 and ends on Thursday, April 1, 2021, at 16:00 (Finnish local time).
What does the program cost?
- ITP is free of charge for tuition waiver students who are students from Aalto University, students from Finnish universities under the JOO mobility agreement and students from Aalto University School of Business partner institutions under a current exchange agreement.
- The tuition fee for the 3-month program is 4200€ (incl. VAT 24 %). The tuition fee does not cover travel, accommodation, or living costs in the Helsinki Area.
What qualifications do you look for in an applicant?
- Each student applicant must have completed 60 ECTS in BSc degree when applying to the program.
Is ITP limited to specific major studies?
- We do not specify which majors are most suitable, as we acknowledge that terrific talent may arise from the most unexpected places. Motivation and interest towards ITP however is a must.
I am a student from XXXX University, can I apply to ITP?
- Yes, you can apply. The tuition fee may be applied. Check the Application Groups from the Application Guidelines page.
I am a student from a University of Applied Sciences (AMK), can I apply to ITP?
- Yes, you can apply in the Applicant Group 2 category. The tuition fee will be applied and it is 4200 € (incl. VAT 24%).
I am already in a working life, can I apply to ITP?
- Yes, you can apply in the Applicant Group 2 category. The tuition fee will be applied and it is 4200 € (incl. VAT 24%). Also, notice that ITP is full-time studies during the summer period.
Where can I get the recommendation for the JOO permission?
- Please, contact your own university’s study coordinators. Students applying according to the JOO mobility agreement will have to get the recommendation for the JOO-permission from their own university’s study office. If your home university does not use the electronic JOO permission system, please attach the original copy of the recommendation (mandatory) to the ITP application. Aalto University School of Business Study Office does not provide recommendations for students from other universities.
How soon can I expect to hear from the result of my application?
- You can apply to ITP in three sections and thus get selected in the program already at the beginning of the year. By applying before the last selection period, you maximize your chances of being selected. Notice that ITP Program Manager Petra Fagerlund is available in solving technical challenges during weekdays at 9-16.
- The selection of the student assessment for applications received by January 31, 2021, will be given no later than February 5, 2021. Selected students can confirm their participation in the program until February 15, 2021.
- The selection of the student assessment for applications received during February 1-28, 2021, will be given no later than March 5, 2021. Selected students can confirm their participation in the program until March 15, 2021.
- The selection of the student assessment for applications received during March 1 – April 4, 2021, will be given no later than April 15, 2021. Selected students can confirm their participation in the program until April 25, 2021.
I’m having technical difficulties with the online application portal. Who can help me?
- In case you are having a problem, please contact Program Manager Petra Fagerlund at petra.fagerlund(at)aalto.fi or call +358505309533 (on weekdays at 9-16).
Can I update my application or correct an error after submission?
- Once you have submitted the application, there is no way to update it afterwards. Please contact Program Manager Petra Fagerlund at petra.fagerlund(at)aalto.fi for further instructions.
Is there anyone I can follow up with to check the status of my application or reiterate my interest?
- In all questions regarding application, doubts and concerns, please contact Program Manager Petra Fagerlund at petra.fagerlund(at)aalto.fi
If I am accepted to ITP, am I obliged to attend?
- Once offered a place on ITP, you will have 10 days to confirm your student place and attendance. After this, it is no longer possible to drop out without a heavy reason.