Unite! visiting professorship program offers 13 guest professor positions at TU Darmstadt
The Unite! visiting professorship program aims to attract outstanding international talents to promote interdisciplinarity in teaching and didactic innovation through international experience. It is open to all subjects represented at TU Darmstadt.
This new format of strategic cooperation between Unite! partner universities promotes networking among its academic communities and supports the career development of the visiting scientists. Moreover, students benefit from internationally oriented teaching. The target group is primarily experienced postdocs affiliated to Unite! partner universities, although advanced career phase (lecturers, professors) are also welcome to apply.
Visiting professors from the Unite! partner universities offer supplementary (elective) courses at TU Darmstadt, ideally bringing innovative topics. Starting in the winter semester 2024/25, the appointment period should cover the lecture period from mid-October to mid-February and can be established for a maximum of two years.
About TU Darmstadt
Since TuDa was founded in 1877, it has been one of Germany’s most international universities; as a European technical university, they are committed to European values and European integration. TuDa's home is the metropolitan region Frankfurt-Rhine-Main. Their cutting-edge research is pooled in three fields: Energy and Environment, Information and Intelligence, Matter and Materials. Large-scale, problem-based interdisciplinarity involving the engineering sciences, natural sciences, humanities and social sciences is the hallmark of TuDa's research and study. Learn more about the university here.
TU Darmstadt will cover all the costs from state funds, with half of the costs covered centrally, and the other half from the host institute. In addition, the gross monthly income for visiting professors is €6,630 plus approximately 20 per cent employer’s social security contribution (as from April 1st, 2024).
Expression of interest
- Check the faculties and departments of TU Darmstadt here. Find the one that would suit your area of interest.
- Contact Dr.-Ing. Nebojša Čamprag, [email protected] with a short introduction of yourself and a suggestion on what you would like to teach at TU Darmstadt. Nebojša Čamprag will put you in touch with the department head for further discussions.
Please provide the following documents (as a single PDF document):
- a short motivation letter (half a page),
- a brief description of a course that you intend to teach at TUDa (half a page, ),
- an academic curriculum vitae, and
- doctoral certificate (if applicable, you may attach postdoctoral qualification to teach at professorial level)
- Applications should be sent by the departments of the TU Darmstadt willing to establish an Unite! visiting professorship by submitting a short application by March 31st, 2024, per email at [email protected] containing:
- your application material
- a written statement about the added value of teaching at TU Darmstadt and for Unite!,
- a proposal for a suitable candidate in form of a recommendation letter (max. 1 - 1,5 pages).
The selection of funded visiting professorships will be announced by the end of May 2024.
More information and contact
The applications should be sent by the TU Darmstadt department by March 31st, 2024, per email at [email protected]
Contact in case of further questions: Dr.-Ing. Nebojša Čamprag (Directorate VIII), [email protected]