Towards social sustainability at Aalto
The main mission of the Campus Sustainability Team is to promote sustainable development through the perspectives of ecological, social and economic responsibility. However, the exact meaning of the concept of social sustainability is yet to be defined more specifically in the Aalto context.
As members of the Campus Sustainability Team of Aalto University, the Oasis of Radical Wellbeing team hosted an interactive session for the participants of Wellbeing on a Sustainable Campus event (22.3.2023) to brainstorm the meaning of the concept of “social sustainability” at Aalto.
The event included a variety of dynamic sessions:
- Opening the event, Satu Kankaala/ACRE
- Carbon neutrality roadmap 2030 update, Elina Ruoho/Aalto University
- TETS & Carbon neutral report
- Energy saving campaign & results, Tuomo Uusitalo/ACRE
- Sneak peek at the new wellbeing route on campus, Sanni Saarimäki/Aalto University
- Renewed campus outdoors, Aapo Pihkala/ACRE
- Napping pods – participatory budgeting project 2022, Raili Pönni/Aalto University
- Socially sustainable Aalto? Interactive discussion, Tiina Pylkkönen & Suvi Helko/Aalto University
- Closing the event, Kari Haapamäki & Satu Kankaala/ACRE
Exchanging ideas for what social sustainability at Aalto means will continue in the “Green Minds, Healthy Hearts – Social Sustainability Symposium” organized by Oasis of Radical Wellbeing on 30.5.2023. Save the date!