Do you want to develop yourself as a teacher? Start Aalto pedagogical training with A! Peda Intro and continue with other core courses, or check the available elective courses.
Pedagogical training in spring 2023
Aalto University offers several pedagogical courses for teaching faculty in spring 2023
Aalto University offers pedagogical courses to support pedagogical skills of faculty members. Please find the course descriptions and their enrollment forms by clicking the links below! As a rule, information about admission to the course is sent to those registered no later than three weeks before the start of the course.
Some courses have prerequisites that can be found in the course description. The training programme (25 ECTS) consists of four core courses (A! Peda Intro, Learning and teaching in higher education, Course design, and Teaching practice) and elective courses. You are welcome to study more elective courses than the 5 ECTS needed for the training programme!
Core courses in spring 2023:
- Teaching practice, 5 ECTS, 10.1.-4.5.2023 (enrollment open until 14.12.2022)
- A! Peda Intro (in Finnish), 5 ECTS, 31.1.-31.3.2023 (enrollment open until 18.12.2022)
A! Peda Intro in English, 5 cr 24.1.-24.3.2023 (enrollment open until 14.12.2022)
- Course design, 5 ECTS, 1.3.-3.5.2023 (enrollment open until 26.1.2023)
- Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (in Finnish), 5 ECTS, 8.3.-10.5.2023 (enrollment open until 8.2.2023)
Elective courses in spring 2023:
Please note that the course selection may be subject to minor changes or additions during spring 2023.
- Doctoral supervision, 3 ECTS, 2.3.-25.5.2023 (enrollment open until 26.1.2023)
- Open Networked Learning (in English), 5 ECTS, 20.02 - 14.5.2023 (enrollment open until 27.1.2023)
- Opettajien työnohjausryhmä (in Finnish), 1 ECTS, starting 3.2.2023 (enrollment open until 31.1.2023)
Teaching Assistant as a Learning Instructor, 2 ECTS, 9.3.-11.5.2023 (enrollment open 2.1.2023 - 15.2.2023)
Supporting Teacher’s Multicultural Competence (in English), 5 ECTS, 19.4.-7.6.2023 (enrollment 1.2.-14.4.2023)
Curriculum Development, 3 ECTS, 14.4.-16.6.2023 (enrollment open 2.1.-10.3.2023)
Pedagogical training: Supporting student as an academic advisor (1 ECTS) (enrollment open until 2.5.2023)
Registration for pedagogical courses is not possible from outside Aalto University.
Aalto university has since 2021 been member in national Gender studies network, Hilma. Hilma arranges internet courses in Gender and Women’s Studies and provides information on events related to Gender and Women’s Studies. It also organizes pedagogical courses for teachers.