Languages, culture and communication courses in period III
Please note that your course registration in Sisu can only be accepted when you add a course to your personal study plan (HOPS) or update the version (Note: if you update the version of a course after you have already registered (enrolled) to participate in it, you will need to re-register for the course).
Communication and interaction
LC-0530 Public speaking and stage fright (in English), 2-3op, 12.1.-16.2. on Fridays at 14.15.-
LC-0224 Negotiation skills (in Finnish), 2-3op, 17.1.-14.2. on Wednesdays at 12.15-16.15.
LC-0320 Public speaking skills (in English), 3op, 8.1.-12.2. on Mondays at 12.30-17.15.
LC-0550 Communication skills (in English), 2-3op, 8.1.-12.2. on Mondays at 12.30-15.45.
LC-0510 Conference presentations (in English), 1op, 23.1.-6.2. on Tuesdays at 12.15-15.30.
All courses are very practical with lots of exercises. Welcome!
A brand new C1-level English course for bachelor's students in period III
LC-1123 Industrial Communications - open to all bachelor's students from all schools
The purpose of the Finland Studies open online course is to offer a starting point for learning about studying at Finnish universities. The course has been designed especially for international students, and faculty coming to teach in Finland, and those who wish to know more about Finnish universities. The course is open for all participants in the Aalto OpenLearning -platform until 13.4.2024.
This course is for all those who want to build up critical awareness and effective communication skills to become an ethical intercultural communicator working in a diverse workplace.
Portuguese 2 LC-3120 Learning more about the basic grammatical structures and expanding your basic vocabulary for everyday purposes, and managing in common communication situations at work and in everyday life, and getting to know some customs of the Lusophone world.
All Russian courses in 2023-2024 will be offered as hybrid teaching, so you can participate on campus or via Zoom. Welcome!
Russian 1 LC-8511 Students who complete the course will have a command of the Cyrillic alphabet and the basic principles of pronunciation and intonation and also manage verbally in routine work and everyday situations with a knowledge of the relevant customs.
Russian 3 LC-8533 On completing the course you will be aware of the differences between the Russian forms of address and those of your own language and be able to apply the expressions learnt in your own communications.
Russian 5 LC-8555 More extensive practice of speaking and writing messages in ordinary situations, listening comprehension, and modelling of real situations, such as hosting guests. Delivering a very simple presentation. More extensive practice of expressions of time and verbs of motion.
Russian 8 for a Specific Field LC-8583 On the course, student study a theme related to business, technology or arts independently with the help of topical scientific texts. Students compile a concise glossary based on an agreed set of written reference materials, and give oral presentations that are appropriate to the situation and genre.
Spanish 4 LC-2340 Expanding grammatical structures, particularly past-tense forms, as well as talking about the future. Learning more vocabulary and basic grammatical structures of the language. Talking about everyday things.
Spanish 7a LC-2371 In this course, students acquire greater language skills and cultural knowledge. Specific themes include: news and the media, social and political advertising, experiencing art, and history and literature.
Studies in Swedish for the needs of working life continue in period III! Choose the study method that suits you best and learn how to communicate in Swedish. Vi ses på kurserna!
If you have Finnish as your mother tongue/school education language you can start by taking an entry-level test to identify the right course and study method for you.
You can find the test in MyCourses by using search words "ruotsin lähtötasotesti + ENG, CHEM, ELEC, SCI, ARTS tai BIZ" depending on your field of study.
One period course, test result 25+
- LC-5410 Svenska inom teknik, for technology students
- LCB-5800 Svensk affärskommunikation 1, for BIZ-students
- LCA-5703 Vi skriver och talar om konst på svenska, for ARTS-students
Two period courses, test result 16–24.
- LC-5411 Svenska inom teknik från grunden, for technology students
- LCB-5803 Svensk affärskommunikation från grunden, for BIZ-students
- LCA-5704 Vi skriver och talar om konst från grunden, for ARTS-students
FLEX groups for students with identified learning challenges, e.g. dyslexia or anxiousness related to group situations and speaking in public etc.
Courses for all Aalto-students
- LC-5552 Online course in Swedish, for Finnish-speaking students, test result 25+
- LC-5000 Kommunicera som expert, intended for all students with Swedish as their mother tongue/school education language at all Aalto University schools
- LC-5771 Swedish for International Students 1 A, a basic course for international or Finnish students with no previous studies in Swedish.
- LC-5551 Ruotsin kieliklinikan verkkokurssi, test result under 16 points. The course helps to refresh your basic Swedish language skills and prepares you for basic level courses (for Finnish-speaking students).
- LC-5818 Förberedande kurs inför det muntliga provet i svenska, kursens tre kontaktlektioner förbereder dig för det muntliga provet. Efter att ha slutfört kursen kan studenten, beroende på kunskapsnivån, diskutera med kursens ansvarslärare om möjligheten att avlägga det muntliga provet i svenska (for Finnish-speaking students).
- LC-5819 Förberedande självstudiekurs inför det skriftliga provet i svenska, kursen förbereder för den skriftliga delen av provet i det andra inhemska språket. Efter att ha slutfört kursen godkänt har studeranden möjlighet att delta i det skriftliga provet i det andra inhemska språket. Läraren ger tilläggsinformation om provet (for Finnish-speaking students).
- LC-5815 Fördjupad kurs i arbetslivskommunikation på svenska, kursen är avsedd för studerande vid Aalto-universitetets alla högskolor. Den passar för dig som vill utveckla dina färdigheter i svenska inom ditt eget fackområde för arbetsliv eller akademiska sammanhang.