- statistical estimation and detection theory
- data science
- optimisation theory
- information theory
- communication theory
- machine learning and harmonic analysis.
- sensor array signal processing
- advanced radar systems
- high-volume and high-dimensional data analysis (Big Data)
- future wireless communication systems and networks
- agile spectrum use
- wireless localisation
- cyber-physical systems, such as smart grids
- security applications
- automatic signal recognition and classification.
- developing new optimal and highly reliable signal processing algorithms
- establishing their theoretical properties as well as finding computationally efficient solutions for practical signal processing tasks at hand.
We have an extensive network of collaborators from world leading research universities in the Americas, Europe and Asia. We also provide world-class researcher training to our diverse group of doctoral students.
Read more about the research
Please see the research group pages of each professor.