The course includes three phases: self-paced pre-work and post-work and two intensive weeks of lectures and project work in teams.
5-18 June 2023: Pre-work (online)
- Self-paced course orientation
- Individual research for the team project
3-14 July 2023: Intensive weeks (on-site at Aalto)
- Daily lectures (Monday-Friday)
- Company meetings
- Teamwork on a company project
- Commitment to full-time studies during the intensive weeks is required
15-21 July 2023: Finishing project work and course reflection (online)
- Finishing touches on the project work
- Individual reflection assignments on key takeaways, teamwork and course experience
- Project report deadline Friday 21 July
The total course workload of 160h (6 ECTS) is divided as follows:
- 10h Pre-work exercise
- 40h Contact hours
- 40h Class preparation
- 60h Project work
- 10h Post-work
The course is graded on a scale of 0-5, where
0 = fail, 1 = poor, 2 = satisfactory, 3 = good, 4 = very good, 5 = excellent
The minimum requirement for applying to the Digital Business Master Class is a finished bachelor's degree or the equivalent of 180 ECTS completed in the undergraduate degree. The Digital Business Master Class is a master's level business course, and students should have at least a basic understanding of business to keep up with the pace of the course.
The Digital Business Master Class accepts applications from lifelong learners, exchange students and Aalto degree students.
- Lifewide learners (includingstudents from other institutions and partner university students without exchange student status) apply through the application form linked on this page.
- Aalto students apply through the application form linked on this page and register for the course in Sisu (course code 47E00100) only after their application has been accepted. Please note that a limited quota is reserved for Aalto students, and applicants will be evaluated based on their motivation letter.
- Exchange students will receive information about applying to the course after being nominated by their home university.
Prepare to attach the following to your application:
- CV or LinkedIn profile
- Motivation letter or video
- Study transcript (exchange students)
The tuition fee for external students is 1600€ (including VAT 24%). The tuition fee is to be paid by credit card or a Finnish online bank. If the fee is not paid by the due date, the application will be considered lapsed.
No tuition fee for:
- Nominated exchange students from a partner institution of Aalto University School of Business
- Aalto degree students
Reduced tuition fee (-30%):
- Students from partner institutions of Aalto University. Please prepare to prove your student status with a study transcript before paying the tuition fee.
The programme fee for all participants is 250€ (including VAT 24%). The fee and the services apart from the course materials do not apply to Aalto University degree students.
The programme fee includes:
- Course materials
- Excursions, Welcome event and Farewell dinner
- Support from Aalto University Summer School before and during your stay
The programme fee does not include:
- Living costs such as accommodation or lunch and other daily meals
- Transportation to or within Finland
- Travel insurance
In the case of cancellation:
- If Aalto University cancels the course or program: 100% refund of tuition fee and programme fee
- Cancelling up to 60 days before the beginning of the course: 85% refund of tuition fee and programme fee (Aalto University will deduct 15% of each course fee as a service and bank cost fee)
- Cancelling up to 30 days before the beginning of the course: 50% refund of tuition fee and programme fee
- Cancelling less than 30 days before the beginning of the course: no refund of tuition fee or programme fee
- Please note that the course might be cancelled if it does not reach the minimum amount of course participants. In this case, students enrolled on the course will be informed about this directly via e-mail.