Aalto identity and IT account
Students with right to study at the Open University will get a digital Aalto identity and may activate a personal Aalto IT account. This activation is possible one day after the date of course registration.
You will get an email from Aalto IT Services after which you will be able to activate your account with strong authentication using Finnish bank credentials, mobile certificate or Finnish electronic ID card. If you cannot use these methods for activation you can use the personal registration link in your activation email. Alternatively, you may also obtain the username by visiting the Aalto University IT Service Desk.
Instructions for the activation: https://www.aalto.fi/en/services/activating-an-aalto-user-id
If you already have an Aalto identity, you can change the password of your account at https://password.aalto.fi/.
Identity and user account will be valid for the duration of your right to study at the Open University.
With your Aalto IT account you can access:
- course homepages on MyCourses (a web learning environment for courses at Aalto University). Please note that your information will be added to the course page one day after you have activated your Aalto IT account. You must log in to MyCourses with your Aalto username to be able to use all the features of your course page. If possible, activate your Aalto ID and check that you can access your MyCourses pages well before the start date of the course.
- WebOodi student register (where you can check your student number and the duration of your study right, view your results and order an official electronic transcript of records to your e-mail address)
- the wide variety of electronic resources of the Aalto University Learning Centre available via remote connection
- Aalto University computer work stations intended for students
Other student information systems:
- Aimo is the Open University registration system for courses and exams, where students may also update their contact details and view their earlier course registrations. Use your Aimo username to log in.
- Into is the Aalto University student portal for information on studying, university services and the university in general. The site also collects Aalto University news and events for bachelor’s and master’s students and doctoral candidates. You can access Into without logging in.
Teams is available to all students at Aalto University. It suits well for projects, student groups, and service teams. Aalto has both the browser version and the desktop application, and a mobile version is available for phones.
Zoom offers communications software that combines video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and mobile collaboration. Zoom is available for students at Aalto University.
The office of the Open University contacts students by e-mail or by telephone particularly in urgent matters (such as cancelled classes, changes etc.). You will also get the course feedback questionnaire link to your e-mail one week before the course ends.
Remember to update your contact information in Aimo. It will be automatically transferred to the Oodi student register.
As a student of the Open University you will not be created an Aalto e-mail address unless you specifically request for it. The Aalto e-mail address follows the format [email protected], and you may request for one at Aalto University IT Service Desk. Your identity will be verified at the Service Desk. Please note, your Aalto e-mail will be valid for the duration of your right to study. A student can have only one contact e-mail address in the student register. You can redirect your Aalto emails to another email address of your choice, further information is available here.