Aalto identity and IT account & Student information systems at Open University
Aalto identity and IT account
Students with right to study at the Open University will get a digital Aalto identity and may activate a personal Aalto IT account. This activation is possible after one day from the date of course registration.
You will get an email from IT Services, and then you can activate your account with strong authentication using Finnish bank credentials, mobile certificate or Finnish electronic ID card. If you cannot use these methods for activation you can use the personal registration link in your activation email. Or you may also obtain the username by visting the Aalto University IT Service Desk.
Instruction for the activation: https://www.aalto.fi/en/services/activating-an-aalto-user-id
If you already have an Aalto identity, you can change the password of your account at https://password.aalto.fi/.
Identity and user account will be valid for the duration of right to study at the Open University.
With your Aalto IT account you can access:
- course homepages in MyCourses (a web learning environment for courses at Aalto University), your information will be added to course page one day after you have activated your Aalto identity and IT account, and you must log in to MyCourses to be able to use all features of your course page
- WebOodi student register (where you can view your study results and order an unofficial electronic transcript of records to your e-mail address)
- the wide variety of electronic resources of the Aalto University Learning Centre available via a remote connection
- the Aalto University computer work stations intended for students
Other student information systems:
- Aimo is the Open University registration system for courses and exams, and where students also may update their contact details and view their earlier course registrations. Use your Aimo username to log in.
- Into is the Aalto University student portal for information on studying, university services and the university in general. The site also collects Aalto University news and events for bachelor’s and master’s students and doctoral candidates. You can access Into without logging in.
The office of the Open University contacts students by e-mail or by telephone particularly in urgent matters (such as cancelled classes, changes etc.). You will also get the course feedback questionnaire link to your e-mail one week before the course ends.
Remember to update your contact information in Aimo. It will be automatically transferred also to the Oodi student register.
As a student of the Open University you will not be created an Aalto e-mail address unless you specifically request for it. The Aalto e-mail address follows the format [email protected], and you may request for one at Aalto University IT Service Desk. Your identity will be verified at the Service Desk. Please note, your Aalto e-mail will be valid for the duration of your right to study. Student can have only one contact e-mail address in the student register.