Management teams PMT and AMT
President's Management Team, PMT
The PMT consists of the president, vice presidents, deans, and service directors. It aims to ensure the shared vision of the university and its schools and the efficient implementation of the Aalto strategy. President Ilkka Niemelä is the chair, and Raili Pönni is the secretary.
The Operational President's management team (PMT) meets once a month according to the annual clock. The operational task of the management team is to coordinate the daily work of the university and the preparation of decision proposals. The members of the PMT are responsible for communicating the management team discussion in their own units. Once a semester, the deans of the universities, the chairmen of the steering groups and the persons in charge of cross-cutting themes bring an update on their activities to the PMT and raise current issues. At the beginning of the calender year the PMT decide the main theme for the meetings of the coming year.
The agendas of the PMT meetings will be available to our community one week before the meeting and a summary of the meeting on the following week.The public summaries of PMT materials can be requested from the Registry services, [email protected] . The latest material can be found at the bottom of this page (Aalto community).
President Ilkka Niemelä
Provost Kristiina Mäkelä
Vice President Ossi Naukkarinen, Research
Vice President Petri Suomala, Education
Vice President Janne Laine, Innovation
Dean Gary Marquis, School of Engineering
Dean Timo Korkeamäki, School of Business
Dean Kristiina Kruus, School of Chemical Engineering
Dean Jouko Lampinen, School of Science
Dean Jyri Hämäläinen, School of Electrical Engineering
Dean Tuomas Auvinen, School of Arts, Design and Architecture
Marianna Bom, Chief Financial Officer
Riitta Silvennoinen, Chief Human Resources Officer
Kati Hagros, Chief Digital Officer
Sirkku Linna, Director Development
Jaakko Salavuo, Director Communications
Kristiina Kemetter, Head of Legal
Teppo Heiskanen, Director Advancement and Corporate Engagement
Ville Jokela, Managing Director Aalto University Properties Ltd
Aalto Management Team, AMT
The AMT consists of the members of the President’s Management Team (PMT), Chairman of the Professors’ Council and representatives of the Aalto University Student Union (AYY), Aalto University Doctoral Student Association (Aallonhuiput), employee organizations as well as Aalto University Campus and Real Estate (ACRE). It meets once between the meetings of the Aalto University Foundation Board and the agenda consists of information and decision items of the Board meetings. The aim of the AMT is to further transparency and open dialogue in decision making regarding university development, and to promote the university community’s commitment to the joint decisions. President Ilkka Niemelä acts as the chairman of AMT, and the secretary isPirjo Peippo-Lavikka.
In addition to the PMT members, the AMT includes:
- Student Otto Usvajärvi (student representative, President of the Board of the Aalto University Student Union, AYY)
- Doctoral Student Nidia Obscura Acosta (doctoral student representative, Chair of the Aalto University Doctoral Student Association, Aallonhuiput)
- Professor Markku Kuula (Chair of the Professors’ Council)
- Facilities Manager Ilpo Kari (staff representative, deputy chief trade union representative for the Aalto University section of JHL, the Trade Union for the Public and Welfare Sectors)
- Professor Esko Niemi (staff representative, chief trade union representative for the Negotiation Organisation for Public Sector Professionals, JUKO)
- Payroll and HR Secretary Petri Peltonen (staff representative, trade union representative for the Aalto University Staff Association, AaltoHY).