Aalto ARTS' Exhibitions
Aalto University has multiple exhibition spaces across the Otaniemi campus and the curators welcome interest from students, staff and researchers in organising their own exhibitions and projects.
Väre Takeout and Studios Takeout both offer support for exhibitions at Aalto. This includes lending equipment and helping to choose suitable ones but also by offering some help in exhibition building and transporting.
With multiple spaces across the Otaniemi campus and partnership projects each year, there are always dynamic exhibitions activities taking place at Aalto. Whether you are organising, researching or visiting exhibitions, this hub provides the key information, news and resources you will need.
To enjoy an exhibition:
To see exhibitions, please find 'School of Arts, Design and Architecture exhibitions' site above to find exhibitions yearly. In the site they are shown as a list, or events that are made by exhibitioners.
To organise an exhibition:
- Book a space. You will find details of the exhibition spaces for your needs. Please note, that exhibitions spaces are marked by dots in the floor (exept V1 and V2 galleries).
- Spaces are found booking.aalto.fi: Otaniemi --> Exhibition Spaces. When choosing the dates, remember to choose the week day tick boxes under as well, so that the booking covers every day between beginning and end. Your booking will be confirmed by email
- Read Exhibition Guidelines, ask help if needed. Contact information are found in guide's last page
- Book pedestals etc: Väre takeout
- If you are also planning an opening event or seminar, please see Events page and contact Event team [email protected]
- Create an event page to aalto.fi, instructions here.
Currently, all exhibition practices are subject to Aalto guidelines updates related to coronavirus, please see below for updates:
Further general guidelines can be found on Aalto’s coronavirus update page
- Väre building does not have a storage space
- Always verify the contact person in Väre, i.e. the person who knows what is at stake and who can be reached if necessary
- Mark the works and furniture you have imported: Name and contact information and information about Väre's contact person
- All material must be transferred directly from the loading area to the exhibition space
- Exhibition works and exhibition-related furnishings, as well as technology and other materials (such as brochures, etc.) must be removed from Väre's premises immediately after the exhibition (no later than the day after the end of the exhibition)
- Please, talk to Lobby Services and Kari Niiranen about exceptions and logistical challenges