Aalto Energy Platform
Energy meets information, materials and society
The Aalto University Energy Platform initiates and coordinates multi- and interdisciplinary research that supports synergy within the field of sustainable energy solutions. Energy Platform works to facilitate and strengthen both industry-academia collaboration and internal cooperation within the university. The platform organises and gathers energy-related research and activities.
Suvi Laitinen and Lena Maula win Millennium Youth Prize by outlining a solution to Alzheimer disease treatmentSuvi Laitinen and Lena Maula win Millennium Youth Prize by outlining a solution to Alzheimer disease treatment. The competing innovators, aged 14-18, rose to the challenge of creating innovations in health technology and sustainable energy.
Energy in Aalto
Many departments in Aalto University have a long tradition of research and teaching in the field of energy. We have about 25 professors who are solely focused on energy research, and they obtain more than ten million euros in research funding annually. Every year, over 80 Masters and a dozen Doctors graduate in the field of energy. Additionally, more than 30 professors are strongly contributing in the field.
- Sustainable energy production
- Energy storage conversion
- Power engineering
- Energy in built environment
- Energy systems and resource economics
Joined Energy Education Programs.
Seed funding is a stepping stone to cooperation with other research groups, and a great channel to test your ideas.
If you have any suggestions, ideas or questions related to the field, please contact us.
Phone: +358 50 409 6615
The Energy Platform has an academic Board, consisting of distinguished professor representatives (deputy representative) from all the Aalto Schools.
- Prof. Yrjö Neuvo, chairman
- Prof. Sampsa Hyysalo (Prof. Mikko Jalas) - ARTS
- Prof. Matti Liski (Prof. Timo Kuosmanen) - BIZ
- Prof. Ville Alopaeus (Prof. Pekka Oinas) - CHEM
- Prof. Kari Laasonen (Prof. Lasse Murtomäki) - CHEM
- Prof. Antero Arkkio (Prof. Anouar Belachen) - ELEC
- Prof. Matti Lehtonen (Prof. Jorma Kyyrä) - ELEC
- Prof. Jukka Manner (Prof. Riku Jäntti) - ELEC
- Prof. Sanna Syri (Prof. Risto Kosonen) - ENG
- Prof. Kari Tammi (Prof. Matti Pietola) - ENG
- Prof. Mathias Groth (Prof. Jan Holmström) - SCI
- Prof. Peter Lund (Prof. Ahti Salo) - SCI