Computer Science building
|Mon - Thu:||7:45-20:00|
|Sat - Sun:||Closed|
About the building
The Computer Science building teaching and research facilities are situated over three floors overlooking a well-lit lobby space. The building also houses the Athene students’ and Computer Science students' guild rooms, and is connected to the Mechanical Engineering building next door. The building has received the Steel Prize of the Year, and uses district heating and solar power through a 116,5 kWp solar power plant on the roof, with an estimated annual return of 96 000 kWh.
The building was designed by Arkkitehtitoimisto Brunow & Maunula and it was completed in 1998.
In the building:
- Department of Computer Science (School of Science)
- Some parts of Department of Communications and Networking (School of Electrical Engineering)
- Finnish Center for Artificial Intelligence FCAI
- Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT
- Learning services / Student services (School of Science)
- Sodexo restaurant
- Subway restaurant
How to get there?
Aalto University metro station (Aalto-yliopisto) is within walking distance (approx. 300m from Tietotie/Datavägen exit). Travel time from Helsinki city centre is 15min.