Academic careers working group
The working group is chaired by provost and consists of chairs of the schools’ tenure track committees, chairs of the schools’ teaching competence assessment committees, schools’ HR managers, and representatives of professors recruited to tenure track, assistant professors, lecturers, and pedagogical specialists.
The academic careers working group has two to three annual meetings. To be discussed in the meetings:
- plans for the development of academic career systems
- development measures taken
- future development needs
- annual review of academic career systems
- feedback received
Career Systems Task Force prepares and implements the development actions of the academic career systems. The task force consist of HR Specialist Virpi Liinalaakso (HRS) and Senior Adviser Erja Ämmälahti (RES).
Feedback related to academic career systems can be sent by e-mail to [email protected].
Tenure track working group members:
- Mäkelä Kristiina, Provost, chair
- Virpi Liinalaakso, HR Specialist, secretary of the working group
- Erja Ämmälahti, Senior Adviser
Chairs of the Schools´ Tenure Track Committees
Chairs of the Schools´ Teaching Competence Assessment Committees
Schools HR Managers
Representatives of professors recruited to the tenure track:
- Jani Romanoff, Associate Professor, ENG
- Ahti Salo, Professor, SCI
- Olli Varis, Aalto Distinguished Professor, ENG
Representative of assistant professors:
- Julia Valle Noronha, Assistant Professor, BIZ
Representative of lecturers:
- Heli Viskari, University Lecturer, CHEM
Representative of pedagogical specialists:
- Kirsti Keltikangas, Pedagogical Specialist, ELEC
Career systems’ task force
Career Systems Task Force prepares and implements the development actions of the academic career systems. Task Force consists of HR Specialist Virpi Liinalaakso (HRS) and Senior Adviser Erja Ämmälahti (RES).
Development processes of our academic career systems
Developing the academic career systems is part of the Aalto University quality system. This page provides information on how the quality of the academic systems is monitored and how the processes are being developed.
This page introduces the Aalto University tenure track career system for professors. The page contains information on the general principles of the tenure track, levels and description of the career system, professors' work profile and work time allocation as well as general regulations (Aalto tenure track policies and procedures).