Digital Business Master Class
The Master Class (6 ECTS) includes viewpoints to the Finnish digital business landscape and companies through industry lecturers and company visits. Lectures by Aalto faculty, visiting faculty, and industry professionals.
We arrange social and cultural activities – including visits to the UNESCO heritage site Suomenlinna Sea Fortress and Allas Sea Pool outdoor pool and sauna, summer party and Finnish traditions.
Included in the Master Class
Interactive and fast-paced graduate level summer course (6 ECTS) focusing on digital technologies as tools for building businesses. We learn how companies transform their processes and systems by implementing digital technologies.
During the intense 2 weeks we build a project, planning a digital solution for a real-life company problem. Concepts covered include mobile and social technologies, service design, data analytics, platforms and ecosystems, business models, working in virtual teams and project management frameworks.
In order to apply, you must be an enrolled student at a partner university of Aalto University School of Business and nominated for exchange by your home university exchange coordinator.
Applications should include:
- Study transcript,
- CV + LinkedIn profile, and
- Motivation letter.
DBMC Course Fees
There is no tuition fee for students who are a nominated for exchange from a partner institution of Aalto University School of Business.
All DBMC students face a service fee which is to be paid at the time of confirming participation to the course. There are three accommodation options for the service fee.
The service fee includes:
- Course materials
- Tickets to public transportation (during 1–12 July, 2019)
- Hospitality set
- Events and trips organised by the course (as listed in the course program)
The service fee does not include:
- Living cost such as lunch and other daily meals
- Transportation from airport to accommodation (public transportation 5€)
- Any damage caused by a student to the accommodation provider
Option 1: No accommodation, 600€ (incl. VAT)
For those students, who want to arrange accommodation during their stay themselves.
Option 2: Hostel Both Helsinki, 1 368 € (incl. VAT)
Address: Hietaniemenkatu 14, Helsinki, https://chooseboth.fi
- Accommodation in a single room during June 30 – July 13, 2019 (13 nights)
- The room facilities include bed linen, towels, morning sauna, private wc, shower, kitchenette, refrigerator, wi-fi
Option 3: Hotel Helka, 2 668 € (incl. VAT)
Address: Pohjoinen Rautatiekatu 23, Helsinki, https://www.hotelhelka.com/
- Accommodation in a single comfort room during June 30 – July 13, 2019 (13 nights)
- Breakfast at the hotel, sauna, robe, slippers, wi-if (more about room facilities at: https://www.hotelhelka.com/room/comfort-single/)
The Aalto University School of Business reserves the right to adjust the service fee up to confirmation of participation if external costs change materially. The tuition fee and service fee are non-refundable. The service fee and tuition fee are to be paid by bank transfer. If the invoice is not paid by due date, the application will be considered lapsed.
Student is responsible for arranging his/her travel insurance.
Download the course brochure
Care to change the society, develop an innovation – or a whole new industry? Get started by signing up for one of the courses at Aalto Summer 2019. Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business.