Teaching Forums at the School of Engineering
The primary community event for pedagogical development at the School of Engineering (Aalto ENG) is Teaching Forum, held once or twice a semester. The vice dean of education plans the event themes together with the school's pedagogical support.
Aligned with Aalto University's strategy, Teaching Forums aim to promote a learning-centered approach to university teaching and to build a community where it is good to learn and teach. Teaching Forums deal with current topics related to university teaching, the practical work of teachers and the development of teaching.
Teaching Forums are primarily aimed at the teaching staff and other staff of the School of Engineering. Students, other members of the Aalto community and partners are also warmly welcome. Teaching forums provide an opportunity to share one's own knowledge, learn from others and participate in the development of teaching at the School of Engineering.
Teaching Forums in 2023
- 20.11.2023 Teaching Forum 20 November 2023: The building blocks of an excellent course | Aalto University
- 13.3.2023 Shared well-being by supporting diverse learning
Teaching Forums in 2022
- 28.11.2022 New joint Aalto minor on sustainability / climate: identifying the needs of ENG
- 3.10.2022 Aalto ENG Teaching Forum 3.10.2022:Assessment for learning - course level practices | Aalto University
- 9.5.2022 Aalto ENG Teaching Forum 9.5.2022: Wellbeing through quality academic advising | Aalto University
- 28.2.2022 Aalto ENG Teaching Forum 28.2.2022: Inclusive course practices | Aalto University
Teaching Forums in 2021
- 29.11.2021 Aalto ENG Teaching Forum 29.11.2021 as a hybrid event | Aalto University
- 4.10.2021 Guidelines of Aalto's curricula (2022-2024) in practice
- 10.5.2021 Let’s talk about teacher wellbeing
- 8.3.2021 A look at distance learning and future learning opportunities
Heidy Tiits-Tikkanen, Pedagogical specialist
Do you want to develop yourself as a teacher? Start Aalto pedagogical training with A! Peda Intro and continue with other core courses, or check the available elective courses.