Recover deleted items
With the Recover deleted items function you can recover email items (messages, contacts, etc.) that you have permanently deleted from your mailbox.
This is possible for 60 days after the deletion.
When you delete a message either with the Delete key on the keyboard or the Delete button in Outlook, the message goes to the Deleted Items -folder in which the message will stay until you remove it permanently.
You can also configure the settings of the Deleted Items -folder so that the folder is emptied when Outlook is closed.
You could also delete a message permanently with Shift - Delete command. You will get a notice of a permanent delete. You will get the same notice when you delete messages from the Deleted Items.
If you answer Yes (or OK) the message will be permanently deleted.
There is, though, a possibility to get back the permanently deleted messages.
This is available in Outlook and Webmail (https://mail.aalto.fi). Below are the instructions on how to recover items.
Recover Deleted Items is the only way to recover permanently deleted items. If the item is not in the Recover Deleted Items then it has gone forever.
1. Open Folders tab from the toolbar and open Recover Deleted Items.
2. Choose a message or messages you wish to recover. You can select multiples while holding down the CTRL key.
3. Click Ok, when you have selected all the messages you want.
4. The chosen messages will be recovered to the folder from which they deleted permanently, for example, Deleted Items.
3. Choose a message or messages you wish to recover. You can select multiples while holding down the CTRL key.
4. Click Recover, when you have selected all the messages you want.
5. Unlike in Outlook, all recovered messages will be moved to your Inbox.