Internationalisation of teaching and learning
The aim of internationalising education is to educate globally competent graduates
Tools for this include:
- curriculum internationalisation
- student mobility
- teacher and staff mobility
- international partnerships and projects
- international joint programmes
- international student recruitment
- promotion of multicultural and diverse learning environments.
Aalto aims at ensuring all graduates good international skills, so-called global competence skills.
These skills help the graduate to:
- develop many social skills and other skills that are useful in work life
- provide a new global insight for the studies/research/context of one’s work
- develop global and intercultural communication skills
- develop team working skills and confidence to take on new challenges
- create valuable social networks
- improve language and communication skills
These are skills that many employers highly value thus increasing the students’ and also staff's employability and job prospects.
One tool for internationalisation of teaching and learning is development of joint programmes together with international partner universities.
Promoting international teaching and studying is a central element in Aalto University strategy. Through Erasmus you can go on student or teacher exchange. It also enables staff mobility for training and for teaching.
As an Aalto University student, you have excellent opportunities to become more internationally orientated and globally competent during your studies.