Communications training is offered widely in themes such as content production and situations requiring interaction skills, for example presentation and facilitation skills as well as digital media skills.
With the training you develop your communication and interaction skills to meet today's requirements and strengthen your profile as the key messenger of your own expert area.
Communications trainings will be tailored to meet the needs and wishes of the participants, and some of the trainings is organised on request. Detailed information on the contents and times of the training events will be announced at aalto.fi (events) and at the bottom of this page.
In addition to the training offered by Aalto University, you can also learn independently or with a colleague! For example, take a look at these:
- Aalto Digital Playbook, a digital communications guide for everyone in Aalto
- brand.aalto.fi, a guide to the basic pillars of the university's visual identity - emblem, colour, typography and photos/illustrations
- How to write a news article will help you understand news criteria and write news. The article concerns external news stories, but much of the guidelines can be applied to internal news production as well.
In training for writing you will get to know different types of texts from news items to short texts. You will learn practical tips for writing and publishing your content on different types of digital platforms. The training is tailored according to the needs of the participants, so it is possible to focus on news concerning science and research, art, or even events, for example. More detailed information on the contents and the times of the training events will be given on aalto.fi.
The training comprises several different areas enabling you to boost your digital skills and get your content to shine both on aalto.fi and social media platforms. The training includes areas of digital media skills such as:
- Using aalto.fi communications platform Drupal
- Learn how to reach and involve your target groups as an aalto.fi content producer
- Learn how to use Photoshop
- Using Twitter from the point of view of a researcher
More detailed information on the contents and the times of the training events will be given on aalto.fi.
The training involves handling of the basic pillars of visual expression: logos, colours, typography, and illustrations/photographs. More information on the contents and and the times of the training events will be given on aalto.fi. You can also get acquainted with Aalto University's brand.aalto.fi online.